• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

"us army" handie-com mh 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

i like mysteries and tracking down the untrackable and i think i got me a live one. (or a dead one depending on how you view the challenge)

2 inquiries addressed to those more familiar with any of the following:

-based on nothing more than the info located on the radio, starting points as to possibly determining where this was once used.

-where is that crushed crystal located? I'm gonna have to do more than pop the back and lift the battery right?

----------------------------------
Front Label:

MOTOROLA HANDIE-COM MH 70

BOTTOM READS:

FCC XMTR DATA-CC 3153
FCC RCVR DATA-RC DR105
SERIAL NO. 246ACC0864
MODEL NO. H23RRB1110A

Manufactured by MOTOROLA, INC.

--------------------------------
UNDER BATT ON PAPER LABEL::

FREQUENCY (MHz)

F1 [Xmtr 1 173.4125 Rcvr 1 173.4125 ]
F2 [Xmtr 2 Rcvr 2 ]

"PL" Code
"US ARMY" scratched here and there

thats all i have to work with. Thoughts? snarky remarks? anyone?

ecps92

173.4125 has been used by
a. ACoE
b. Various National Guard / Mil Bases

So US Army is a beggining.
What is the PL Code ?

i like mysteries and tracking down the untrackable and i think i got me a live one. (or a dead one depending on how you view the challenge)

2 inquiries addressed to those more familiar with any of the following:

-based on nothing more than the info located on the radio, starting points as to possibly determining where this was once used.

-where is that crushed crystal located? I'm gonna have to do more than pop the back and lift the battery right?

Front Label:

MOTOROLA HANDIE-COM MH 70

BOTTOM READS:

FCC XMTR DATA-CC 3153
FCC RCVR DATA-RC DR105
SERIAL NO. 246ACC0864
MODEL NO. H23RRB1110A

Manufactured by MOTOROLA, INC.

UNDER BATT ON PAPER LABEL::

FREQUENCY (MHz)

F1 [Xmtr 1 173.4125 Rcvr 1 173.4125 ]
F2 [Xmtr 2 Rcvr 2 ]

"PL" Code
"US ARMY" scratched here and there

thats all i have to work with. Thoughts? snarky remarks? anyone?

spacellamaman

PL

173.4125 has been used by
a. ACoE
b. Various National Guard / Mil Bases

So US Army is a beggining.
What is the PL Code ?

I typed exactly what was printed on the label; there was nothing after PL Code.

This is basically why I am curious about the crystal being crunched or not, if not destroyed I would like to do a quick key up to see if a PL shows (no point in rigging a power source for nothing.

I have noticed when searching info on previous uses of the 173.xxxx freqs a common usage of 123.0 131.8 and some of the more commonly used ones, which I have noticed NACs that fall in the same line. I am wondering if its old-hands deciding on the NACs based on what they used back in the old days for ease of remembering, since there is no correlation/translation between the two.

see:

http://forums.radioreference.com/fe...-your-mystery-frequencies-47.html#post2620707

ecps92

Sometimes they were left blank, but if it had the Freq the Code generally would have been listed. Not in a Numeric [Scanner] format, but an Alpha-Numeric

example 3B which is the corresponding code for 131.8
generally right below or next to the PL Code label

Some agencies [there are a few of those tables already in the wiki - two different flavors]
did convert the PL to a NAC, others went entirely off the reservation

I typed exactly what was printed on the label; there was nothing after PL Code.

This is basically why I am curious about the crystal being crunched or not, if not destroyed I would like to do a quick key up to see if a PL shows (no point in rigging a power source for nothing.

I have noticed when searching info on previous uses of the 173.xxxx freqs a common usage of 123.0 131.8 and some of the more commonly used ones, which I have noticed NACs that fall in the same line. I am wondering if its old-hands deciding on the NACs based on what they used back in the old days for ease of remembering, since there is no correlation/translation between the two.

see:

http://forums.radioreference.com/fe...-your-mystery-frequencies-47.html#post2620707

spacellamaman

forgot abot the tables

Sometimes they were left blank, but if it had the Freq the Code generally would have been listed. Not in a Numeric [Scanner] format, but an Alpha-Numeric

example 3B which is the corresponding code for 131.8
generally right below or next to the PL Code label

Some agencies [there are a few of those tables already in the wiki - two different flavors]
did convert the PL to a NAC, others went entirely off the reservation

well that makes me feel better. since it was blank, and taking into consideration you say it would normally be there if one was used, i'm going to tell myself there is no reason to hassle trying to get it cranked up. i have been assuming if i went to the trouble of doing so it would almost certainly be...nothing. which would be par for the course for me.

interesting side note, they are getting good usage out of the two freq system northeast of charlotte. the NACs of 123 and 131 havent been noted since the initial discovery when they were setting up and testing the system. a year passed before any more traffic was noted on it but at least three more NACs being used now. a new one noted this morning is forcing me to accept that essentially my theory is probably wrong, or at least is no longer correct.

just for grins so far we have:

NACs
-----------
$123
$131

$111- newest
$444

and

$666

interestingly the few occasions i have noted $666 used seems to be associated with traffic relating to individuals in positions of higher authority. coincidence?

ecps92

Not sure what you mean by Two Freq System, using 173.4125 ?? :confused:
well that makes me feel better. since it was blank, and taking into consideration you say it would normally be there if one was used, i'm going to tell myself there is no reason to hassle trying to get it cranked up. i have been assuming if i went to the trouble of doing so it would almost certainly be...nothing. which would be par for the course for me.

interesting side note, they are getting good usage out of the two freq system northeast of charlotte. the NACs of 123 and 131 havent been noted since the initial discovery when they were setting up and testing the system. a year passed before any more traffic was noted on it but at least three more NACs being used now. a new one noted this morning is forcing me to accept that essentially my theory is probably wrong, or at least is no longer correct.

just for grins so far we have:

NACs
-----------
$123
$131

$111- newest
$444

and

$666

interestingly the few occasions i have noted $666 used seems to be associated with traffic relating to individuals in positions of higher authority. coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.