• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MotoTrbo 12.1 CPS Error 1646

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman_

I have done searches for this but I either didn't find a solution, or didn't understand the solution to make it work...

Windows7 Home Premium,SP-1, 64-bit, AMD

MotoTrbo CPS 12.1 build 645 EMEA 12/18/2015 232,584KB to be specific.

It installs without complaint, but when I run it with nothing else running and even with windows firewall off, I still get Error 1646.

I did NOT reboot after install before starting CPS. Is that a Requirement ???

Computer has:
- Microsoft security essentials (tried it with this firewall off, is that enough?)
- MpsSvc: Microsoft Antimalware
- WinDefend: Windows Defender (stopped)
- Norton Internet security (expired, does it even do anything anymore?)
- Spybot seach & destroy 2 (expired, running, same question ^^)
- Sandboxie (background, running)
- BthServ Bluetooth Support Service (dongle not plugged in)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 express

Does anyone see any direct conflicts as to why I get this error ?

I also have XP, Win10 available, but it had same problem on those too.

All help welcome.

Last edited:

Batman_

Apparently MOTOTRBO uses Macrovision's licensing system to validate their software upon start up. I found the problem listed in the event viewer for errors. To correct it I copied the folder from another computer, but disabled the actual EXE file. Works ok now.

I had seen this post but I was not sure if it applies, so here is what I see in the event viewer:
(I don't have a folder to copy from BTW)

Event Viewer (Local):
-- Summary of Administrative Events:
--- Event ID 1646, Trbo CPS

[-] Error
1646, commonlicenseinterface, Could not load file or assembly 'CLRCommonClientLicensingManager.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.,
at commonLicensing........

Activation context generation failed for "C:\windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_cbf5e994470a1a8f\MFC80.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86"...

Do you believe both of these missing files are the problem?

clbsquared

It's quite possible. Have you tried uninstalling the CPS and re-installing it? Do you have access to the latest version of the CPS? Or is there a specific reason you want to use that version?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Batman_

Yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times.

I have a new-to-me radio and it is R02-50-04.
I also have 12.1 cps.
That is all I have RN.

It "should" install as although some have had trouble, all have managed to get it working.

Others have reported the same problems with 14 as well.
Newer CPS "may" leave me no further ahead.

.dll file found in program files (x86)\motorola

so file is there.
I have no idea what to try next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.