• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Monitor Talkgroups without Trunking Option (XTS 5000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogress

I have an XTS5000 without the trunking option.

So, in CPS, I did the following:
- added some talkgroups to the ASTRO Talkgroup List - 1
- added the voice channels in 7 different conventional personalities
- for each conventional personality, under the ASTRO tab, set Rx Unmute Rule to Selective Squelch
- for each conventional personality, under the ASTRO Talkgroup Options tab
--- enabled Talkgroup
--- Selection Type = Strapped
--- Talkgroup List 1
--- Set the Talkgroup ID to desired talkgroup
- Finally, set those 7 voice channels to a scan list.

For monitoring that single talkgroup, it seems to work fine.

If I want to monitor more than one talkgroup, it appears that I would have to re-enter those 7 voice channels into 7 more conventional personalities and assign the other talkgroup, and scan all of them.

Does anybody have a better way to monitor more than 1 talkgroup on an XTS without the trunking option?

how do you know the radio don't have the trunking option? my guess is you need the System Key to program the radio for said Trunking Non-Affiliation??

rogress

how do you know the radio don't have the trunking option? my guess is you need the System Key to program the radio for said Trunking Non-Affiliation??

The model I purchased does not have the trunking option, so I am playing around with this work around, even though its not a great solution.

This model has these features:
Decoding Flashcode: 5A0001-001106-8
Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q52: Federal Government FPP
Q498: Hardware Multikey Encryption w/ OTAR
H35: Conventional Systems Operation
Q947: APCO Packet Data Interface
Q53: FCC FPP And Radio Cloning
Q446: Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement
Q667: ADP Software Encryption

rescue674aa