• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola ht750 usb cable won't read

Status
Not open for further replies.

crc101

hi I'm running windows xp 32 bit. I have a usb cable not serial. I have the cps and when I go to read the radio I get this error.

Couldn't open port. Check whether device/Rib are powered on or not, and the device to rib, and the rib to pc connection is OK.

anyone who can help please do

-crc101

tdeater

look in the device manager with the radio and cable connected and see if you have any COM ports listed. One of those will be the port that the radio is connected to. You have to tell the software to use that port in one of the menus. If a com port is not listed in the device manager, you may need drivers or something for your programming cable. Those usb cables are typically a USB to Serial adapter.

crc101

Motorola ht750 usb cable wont read

I have already installed the prolific driver for the cable and device manager is already setup for com port 3

Nasby

I personally have never had any luck with a USB / Windows XP programming combination.

I'll bet if you use a programming cable with a true serial port your problem may be solved.

SCPD

QRT
I do recall with the prolific driver, you would need to locate the exact one that would work. Most the time the driver provided does not work.

I forget where I found it but a true prolific driver when I did a search I had to try a few before I had any luck. It depends on the version I would have to check what version I had used to get one of them cables to work.

It was more of a experiment. It did read and write. Figuring out the actual prolific driver was the fun part.

You would also need to be sure your cable has a true prolific chip.

putterizer

You will need to find an older Prolific driver and install it, rather than a newer one. That is what worked for me.
If memory serves me correctly, it was version 3.0.0 or less. I will have to look when I get home.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Com port

I use a true serial cable for the HT 750 and 1250 with XP, as well as other Motorola radios. Software designed to work through a true com port does not seem to translate well into a USB port.

armymarshall1

I like to call it the old nintendo trick. Sometimes the cartridge a little hot air, breathe on it a little bit like you would to fog up your glasses to clean them. Then try. Ensuring that the contacts on the accessory flex are clean and intact is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.