• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Rx Delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laythrom

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I'm having a bit of an issue and I am beating my head against the wall here. I recently picked up an XTS3000 and programmed it to work like my old MT & HT. Everything works great with exception to there being a delay on the Rx side of things. When someone starts transmitting, I lose the first word or two (or in the case of using our numbers, I will only hear "......702" when I should hear "759 to 702").

With that being said, inside of CPS, I did make "Receive unmute delay" set to 0 after I initially noticed the issue when it was set to 100ms (however, this didn't seem to change anything).

Is there something that I'm missing here? I am using MDC (however at the moment I am unsure of my settings), my DPL tone is correct and is set for both Rx & Tx and pretty much everything is the same as the other radios (kenwood, icom, etc).

Any help would be much appreciated.

bk117

Okay, I'm having a bit of an issue and I am beating my head against the wall here. I recently picked up an XTS3000 and programmed it to work like my old MT & HT. Everything works great with exception to there being a delay on the Rx side of things. When someone starts transmitting, I lose the first word or two (or in the case of using our numbers, I will only hear "......702" when I should hear "759 to 702").

With that being said, inside of CPS, I did make "Receive unmute delay" set to 0 after I initially noticed the issue when it was set to 100ms (however, this didn't seem to change anything).

Is there something that I'm missing here? I am using MDC (however at the moment I am unsure of my settings), my DPL tone is correct and is set for both Rx & Tx and pretty much everything is the same as the other radios (kenwood, icom, etc).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try turning monitor on (ether PL disable or hold the programmed monitor button in) and see if that changes the RX delay. This will bypass any signaling system or PL decode you may have set on the channel. You can use this to help troubleshoot the problem, for all you know based on your description, the radio making the transmission might have an issue, PL deviation etc.

Brad

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like your MDC unmute time is set way too high. I’d start by checking that if the radios you are receiving are using Pre-ID.

laythrom

Premium Subscriber
I'll give both of those suggestions a try/look at later and we'll see if it helps the issue. Thank you.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
DOS mute is the culprit, we had the same issues with our radios. Hot finger users cut themselves out by not waiting a second to talk after they key up. Set the DOS mute to zero or disabled if you use pre MDC program in pre tone or short pre tone so users wait a second before talking which will eliminate you missing the first 1/2 second or so of transmission. Better still set MDC to post.

laythrom

Premium Subscriber
DOS mute is the culprit, we had the same issues with our radios. Hot finger users cut themselves out by not waiting a second to talk after they key up. Set the DOS mute to zero or disabled if you use pre MDC program in pre tone or short pre tone so users wait a second before talking which will eliminate you missing the first 1/2 second or so of transmission. Better still set MDC to post.

Agreed. Half of the guys don't understand that the 'connection' is not instant and no matter how many times I tell them to push, wait, then talk, it falls upon deaf ears. I've purposely turned on pre-tone for those of us who are using Motorola radios, but unfortunately, I am not able to reprogram the Kenwoods. So for the time being, I guess I'll just have to beat it into their heads.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
But the little quick squeak/chirp of the tail of MDC squawk sounds so cool with DOS set correctly...who wants to listen to the full squawk? :)

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.