• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Air/Water bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

napster792

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build and air/water bridge, using a Oceanreef M105 (ultrasonic diver transceiver) and a motorola gp series.

I can easily take audio out and mic in from the motorola (gp320), by using a simple M4 to jack 3.5/2.5 adapter. Easy.

From the oceanreef side, I can manage to have an audio out singla (coming from underwater) and a mic in.

What's difficult is how to manage PTT: from the gp320 I may use the VOX function (audio out from the M105) to mic in in the gp. The dilemma is now how to know when there is a communication coming from the air. Is there any way to know from the M4 connector on my gp320 when there is an incoming transmission (which means trigger the PTT on the M105 - audo out from the gp to mic in in the M105). PIN 10 on M4 connector from the gp320 is RSSI, any way to use this signal to operate a trigger (mosfet or simple relay). Incoming traffic will be in the near proximity, then incoming singal is really strong (<1km). If not, I probably have to use an exernal VOX circuit, detecting incomig from air, trigger the M105 PTT.

Any comment/ideas on both possibilies is really welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.