• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS5000 Unit ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivera293

So in my XTS 5000 I monitor my local Police on a P25 system, I have The ID feature turned on but it only displays a series of numbers... which is boring and I wanted to know if there is a place in the CPS where you can plug the ID number in and customize the name of the ID so instead of numbers you can read whatever you named that user. Is this possible? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If you are talking about a trunked system, then the ID List is located under "Trunking/Trunking Call Lists." If you are listening to a conventional frequency, then the ID list is located under "Conventional/Astro Systems/Astro Call Lists."

You need to add the ID and then assign an alias so the alias will show up instead of the ID. This won't make much since if the users don't keep the same radios. Adding dispatch to the list is easy as their IDs don't change, but portable radios can change hands every shift. Good luck.

rivera293

Thank you for the help! I wondered what that did but never messed with it until now.

rivera293

If you are talking about a trunked system, then the ID List is located under "Trunking/Trunking Call Lists." If you are listening to a conventional frequency, then the ID list is located under "Conventional/Astro Systems/Astro Call Lists."

You need to add the ID and then assign an alias so the alias will show up instead of the ID. This won't make much since if the users don't keep the same radios. Adding dispatch to the list is easy as their IDs don't change, but portable radios can change hands every shift. Good luck.

I’ve tried this and somehow it’s not working and still displays the numbers

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
For some reason I want to say enhanced I'D doesn't function when scanning. Been awhile since I bothered messing with it though.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
You also have to go to "Radio Configuration/Display & Menu" then select the PTT ID Tab. Then check the "ID Display" box and change the End of Voice Timer to how ever long you want the name to remain on the display. I use 4 seconds and it works great. If you want it to display the ID during scan, just check the Scan ID Display box.

If you have already done this and you are still only showing numbers, then you may not have that feature in your flashCode.

Status
Not open for further replies.