• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 2500 on Harris System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ema523

I have a XTS2500 that I am trying to program onto a Harris P25 phase 1 simulcast system. I can get it to receive the signal from the simulcast system but I can not transmit or receive on the system. Can anybody provide any support?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well....lets get the basics out of the way. Are you authorized to be on this system and have a legitimate system key for programming? When you say you are receiving signal but cannot receive on the system what are you referring to? Signal strength indicator shows signal?

Ema523

Well....lets get the basics out of the way. Are you authorized to be on this system and have a legitimate system key for programming? When you say you are receiving signal but cannot receive on the system what are you referring to? Signal strength indicator shows signal?

Yes i am authorized. I am a system admin. Yes i have a key from Motorola. Yes the radio has signal strength on the display.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
The short version is you need to either:

a) obtain and use an Advanced WACN Key and activate Intra-WACN Roaming on the Trunking System, or

b) Up the radio's firmware to R20.05.07 where Intra-WACN Roaming is no longer required for operation on competitor systems (the Harris fix).

Verify that you have the correct band plan in the codeplug as well (Astro 25 Channel ID).

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
system admin who cant get on his own system. LOL

Probably a bad flux capacitor. Happens a lot with Harris Systems and Moto gear.

What system? make sure to disable the check box for motorola proprietary. (or am i thinking apx)

Ema523

well im at my hands tied as I have to go through a Motorola dealer so I cant really work on this on my own. Yes that is unchecked. I am only allowed to deal with "Harris"

Ema523

The short version is you need to either:

a) obtain and use an Advanced WACN Key and activate Intra-WACN Roaming on the Trunking System, or

b) Up the radio's firmware to R20.05.07 where Intra-WACN Roaming is no longer required for operation on competitor systems (the Harris fix).

Verify that you have the correct band plan in the codeplug as well (Astro 25 Channel ID).

I do have an Advanced WACN Key. Even with Intra-WACN Roaming enabled it still does not work. We tried the Channel ID that we have in our Harris Radios and that still does not work. I will mention something about the firmware.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Lets think about the reverse here, confirm that the ID is valid and working correctly by using a Harris Radio. If this is working correctly check that the system can see the Motorola radio by doing Radio Check, or whatever the Harris nomenclature is.

Other question is when was the last time the radio was aligned? P25 trunking is not as forgiving as analog trunking or conventional P25.

Ema523

Lets think about the reverse here, confirm that the ID is valid and working correctly by using a Harris Radio. If this is working correctly check that the system can see the Motorola radio by doing Radio Check, or whatever the Harris nomenclature is.

Other question is when was the last time the radio was aligned? P25 trunking is not as forgiving as analog trunking or conventional P25.

The radio ID for it does work. We created its own and we also created a specific one for it. The radio is aligned it was brand new in the box until 2 months ago and becuase of that they hooked it up to a service monitor

system admin who cant get on his own system. LOL

Probably a bad flux capacitor. Happens a lot with Harris Systems and Moto gear.

What system? make sure to disable the check box for motorola proprietary. (or am i thinking apx)

system admin who cant get on his own system. LOL thats a good one

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Haris systems are a big PITA, and Haris wants it that way so you have to go to them for everything. First and foremost make sure you have a BN model, AN models no matter what you do will not work on Haris systems. Then I would check for the radio seeing the control channels, that's the issue I am having, as I get out of range display even when I am looking at the tower that this system is transmitting from. I have heard that Haris uses an non standard at least compared to Mot for the channel ID, with base frequency and step, bandwidth and offset, so make sure they match your working Haris radio exactly. Next make sure your radio is up to the last firmware version (20.05.07) that supposedly addresses the WACN issue. I have yet to see one work, and then if you are an admin try transmitting on the system and look up in the logs that the radio is being seen.
Beyond that give the radio back to Mot and let them fiqure it out.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I may have missed it, but do you get an out of range on the XTS?

Ema523

I may have missed it, but do you get an out of range on the XTS?

Do i can see the radio receives the control channel on the display. It shows the signal strength but i can not hear audio and it will not let me PTT into the system

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You're absolutely positive you bandplan/channel ID is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.