• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CM200D Transmit Audio Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

b18c_ej8

Feed Provider
Any easy way to tap Tx/Microphone audio to feed to a recorder on a CM200D?

I tried to connect pin 5 on the accessory connector, but no dice. Also tried Pin 2 as on previous generation radios was parallel to the front mic jack but that doesn't work either.

Really trying to avoid going inside the radio, but it's looking like that's my only option to get this thing to record transmit audio.

Mr_Boh

I’ve been told they should be the same as the Waris (CDM) series radios. Also look up “Cable 62” by eBay user mre1032. That is an easy way to accomplish what you are trying too.

It is not the same as the 16 pin (ie CM200) radios even though I’ve seen Motorola supply the same accessory cables for both families of radios.

Mr_Boh

I misunderstood. You want to get the audio you are transmitting? You would have to add a tap into the Mic. There are some companies that make a box that will do it for like interfacing with an intercom system. I’ll see if I can find a part.

b18c_ej8

Feed Provider
Yes, Rx audio is easy, using the discriminator audio pin on the accessory connector. Need to also feed the mic audio into the recorder as well.

Mr_Boh

So the ASTRO 25 or later mobiles in a dual head setup you can have the transmit audio of one head feed through the speaker of another. I think Sigtronics used to have the adapter you are looking for since it sits inline of the microphone.

b18c_ej8

Feed Provider
Just a quick update for future reference:

I ended up building my own splitter with two 8 pin surface mount phone blocks and a short 8 wire satin line cord.

Line cord plugged into the mic jack of the radio, then into block 1.

8 pin blocks were wired pin-to-pin via a piece of cat5.

Microphone was plugged into 2nd block.

Grabbed microphone/Tx audio out of one of the blocks and fed into the recorder's radio interface. Will need to adjust vox sensitivity in the recorder settings due to mic audio always being present, which results in recording room audio intermittently, but customer is back up & running for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.