RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 1:33 AM

Default XPR7550e Pricing? ebay tomfoolery or something else?

Been hunting recently for a new XPR7550e Enabled model and I ran across this listing on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Motorol...sAAOSwmzRafKRe

What's the deal here? This seems to be miles below the pricing that I've seen in the past. Are the Chinese DMR radios really depressing the HT market to the point where $600 is the asking price for an Enabled XPR7550 with the 3000mah battery? My scam "spidey senses" are telling me this might be too good of a deal.

Thoughts?

Last edited by kinglou0; 02-13-2018 at 1:34 AM.. Reason: Poor grammar. Might still be poor....
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2018, 2:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglou0 View Post
Been hunting recently for a new XPR7550e Enabled model and I ran across this listing on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Motorol...sAAOSwmzRafKRe

What's the deal here? This seems to be miles below the pricing that I've seen in the past. Are the Chinese DMR radios really depressing the HT market to the point where $600 is the asking price for an Enabled XPR7550 with the 3000mah battery? My scam "spidey senses" are telling me this might be too good of a deal.

Thoughts?

Extremely good price as you mentioned, but I would jump on it, you have PayPal protection on your side. If it is not as described it goes back at the sellers expense. No brainer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 7:28 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Good price (close to some dealer pricing) but I'd be concerned with any NOS radio as often the warranty period's have already begun on these radios.

List pricing on the more commonly optioned XPR7550e is around $1,174 (per MOL). Most dealers will get between a 25% and 45% discount depending on their accounts with Motorola. I can tell you right off the bat, $600 is less than what one of Motorola's highest volume sellers can get the radio for unless they purchase in a large bulk quantity.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCore25 View Post
Good price (close to some dealer pricing) but I'd be concerned with any NOS radio as often the warranty period's have already begun on these radios.

List pricing on the more commonly optioned XPR7550e is around $1,174 (per MOL). Most dealers will get between a 25% and 45% discount depending on their accounts with Motorola. I can tell you right off the bat, $600 is less than what one of Motorola's highest volume sellers can get the radio for unless they purchase in a large bulk quantity.

Thanks. I'm going to pass on this listing. I knew about the list price on the 7550e and that's what is bothering me. I highly doubt this particular seller has the ability or volume to get a nearly 50% discount off of list pricing and still make a profit.

Something just doesn't meet the smell test in my opinion and given the past nightmare I had with PayPal's "Buyer Protection", I'd rather swim in shark infested waters covered in raw steaks before going through that again.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:02 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

i bet it fell off the Motorola Truck and he found it lol
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2018, 7:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzimmerman View Post
I bet it fell off the Motorola Truck and he found it lol
That's a ridiculous statement. A local Moto dealer where a ham works decided to give a break to local hams who did not want to buy Dollar Store radios, but wanted affordable 7550e's. Those of us who wanted one paid $499, & they did not fall off a truck. They were all brand new, & straight from Moto. I kept the $499 invoice. Sometimes it's better to sell an item for less, but in greater quantity, than selling a few for a home run.
Old 02-14-2018, 9:56 AM

When looking for a radio I always want an actual picture of what I am getting. I try to stay away from "stock" photo's because you don't always get what is described in the description. Also, whenever the seller has multiple items listed I want to see a picture of all the items so can get a general idea of the condition of the one I am receiving.
EDIT: I just looked further into the listing and saw that there were actual pictures of the radio. My bad...
Kenwood TK880

Last edited by KD2LQG; 02-14-2018 at 9:58 AM.. Reason: Posted too soon