• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR7550e Pricing? ebay tomfoolery or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglou0

Been hunting recently for a new XPR7550e Enabled model and I ran across this listing on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Motorola-MOTOTRBO-XPR7550e-UHF-W-EXTENDED-BATTERY/292442379181?epid=622852536&hash=item4416ec93ad:g:ymsAAOSwmzRafKRe

What's the deal here? This seems to be miles below the pricing that I've seen in the past. Are the Chinese DMR radios really depressing the HT market to the point where $600 is the asking price for an Enabled XPR7550 with the 3000mah battery? My scam "spidey senses" are telling me this might be too good of a deal.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

bk117

Been hunting recently for a new XPR7550e Enabled model and I ran across this listing on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Motoro...852536&hash=item4416ec93ad:g:ymsAAOSwmzRafKRe

What's the deal here? This seems to be miles below the pricing that I've seen in the past. Are the Chinese DMR radios really depressing the HT market to the point where $600 is the asking price for an Enabled XPR7550 with the 3000mah battery? My scam "spidey senses" are telling me this might be too good of a deal.

Thoughts?

Extremely good price as you mentioned, but I would jump on it, you have PayPal protection on your side. If it is not as described it goes back at the sellers expense. No brainer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Good price (close to some dealer pricing) but I'd be concerned with any NOS radio as often the warranty period's have already begun on these radios.

List pricing on the more commonly optioned XPR7550e is around $1,174 (per MOL). Most dealers will get between a 25% and 45% discount depending on their accounts with Motorola. I can tell you right off the bat, $600 is less than what one of Motorola's highest volume sellers can get the radio for unless they purchase in a large bulk quantity.

kinglou0

Good price (close to some dealer pricing) but I'd be concerned with any NOS radio as often the warranty period's have already begun on these radios.

List pricing on the more commonly optioned XPR7550e is around $1,174 (per MOL). Most dealers will get between a 25% and 45% discount depending on their accounts with Motorola. I can tell you right off the bat, $600 is less than what one of Motorola's highest volume sellers can get the radio for unless they purchase in a large bulk quantity.

Thanks. I'm going to pass on this listing. I knew about the list price on the 7550e and that's what is bothering me. I highly doubt this particular seller has the ability or volume to get a nearly 50% discount off of list pricing and still make a profit.

Something just doesn't meet the smell test in my opinion and given the past nightmare I had with PayPal's "Buyer Protection", I'd rather swim in shark infested waters covered in raw steaks before going through that again.

N4KVE

I bet it fell off the Motorola Truck and he found it lol
That's a ridiculous statement. A local Moto dealer where a ham works decided to give a break to local hams who did not want to buy Dollar Store radios, but wanted affordable 7550e's. Those of us who wanted one paid $499, & they did not fall off a truck. They were all brand new, & straight from Moto. I kept the $499 invoice. Sometimes it's better to sell an item for less, but in greater quantity, than selling a few for a home run.

K2NEC

When looking for a radio I always want an actual picture of what I am getting. I try to stay away from "stock" photo's because you don't always get what is described in the description. Also, whenever the seller has multiple items listed I want to see a picture of all the items so can get a general idea of the condition of the one I am receiving.
EDIT: I just looked further into the listing and saw that there were actual pictures of the radio. My bad...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.