• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro 25 Cps out of band issue/error (XTS5000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

I recently picked up an XTS5000 UHF 450-512 split, trying to get it down to the 440 band. I'm trying to get it out of band but no luck using the hex editor. I followed the values mentions in this thread: akardam.net Motorola Tools & Documents - CPS Out of Band Modification HOW-TO

opened a copy of passport.exe file and found every instance of 80 74 D2 1A and override it with 00 DE 39 1A, saved the file and went to run the CPS and was greeted with this error "fhadk10c.dll is missing, try reinstalling the program"

the original passport.exe file opens and runs smoothly. Am i doing something wrong?

The CPS is Astro 25 Portables Version: R20:01:00

I'm using XVI32 to edit the file.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Continue to Google. I think the file you mean you modified is PatPort.exe. I did it on my Astro25 portable and it was easy but I can't find the instructions. When you read the radio, the software looks at the model number and determines the band split and allows only values in those ranges. I changed my lower range from 450.00000 to 440.00000 and it lets me put ham channels in 450-512 radios without issue.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I just tried it with a hex editor HxD and it worked fine.

akardam

opened a copy of [patport].exe file and found every instance of 80 74 D2 1A and override it with 00 DE 39 1A

Therein lies your problem. Only some of that sequence represent band edges in the file. Others could represent executable data. Overwriting executable data could make the program not function propery, as you experienced.

Danny37

Continue to Google. I think the file you mean you modified is PatPort.exe. I did it on my Astro25 portable and it was easy but I can't find the instructions. When you read the radio, the software looks at the model number and determines the band split and allows only values in those ranges. I changed my lower range from 450.00000 to 440.00000 and it lets me put ham channels in 450-512 radios without issue.

Yea the patport.exe file (sorry autocorrect) I know this may be a task to do but can you tell me what row of 80 74 D2 1A you changed?

Danny37

I'm looking to tackle this tonight (my day off) before I have to work 2 16 hours back to back shifts tomorrow, if anyone can help me out on what rows to change. I would greatly appreciate it.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I just tried it with a hex editor HxD and it worked fine.

I have a question because I have been wanting to go out of band on the upper edge of my XTL5000.

I have a 380-470mhz split and I want to hit up at around 480-490 if possible. Have anybody ever modified the Mobile Patport file for the CPS for mobile software.

I just have not been able to figure it out for the past few weeks.

thanks

Danny37

Therein lies your problem. Only some of that sequence represent band edges in the file. Others could represent executable data. Overwriting executable data could make the program not function propery, as you experienced.

How do i differentiate between the band edges and the executable data if they have the same string?

akardam

How do i differentiate between the band edges and the executable data if they have the same string?
I believe the information necessary to do so is presented in the howto. Have you gone through the howto in detail and used the methods and tools described therin to help ID which instances of the old value reside in data sections of the executable (those being the ones you would likely modify)?

Danny37

I have a question because I have been wanting to go out of band on the upper edge of my XTL5000.

I have a 380-470mhz split and I want to hit up at around 480-490 if possible. Have anybody ever modified the Mobile Patport file for the CPS for mobile software.

I just have not been able to figure it out for the past few weeks.

thanks

Send me a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.