• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Loading keys xts2500 fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I just got a 8 algo ucm for my xts2500.
Installed the keypad, plugged in my t3011dx and I get fail on the loader. I've setup everything up in cps that I did with my xts5000s (they all load fine). I was under the impression that maybe because the xts2500 had adp in the flash I went ahead and reflashed the radio with hardware encrypt and left out adp because the ucm has adp. Still a no go loading keys. I'm at a loss here.

Anyone have any input?
Radio has latest firmware that I need, ucm fw is latest as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Have you changed the settings in the CPS to hardware encryption instead of software. Its a small step but often over looked. If thats not the problem come back and we'll try again. :) . I had the same problem with a 5000 a while back and that was my problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Have you changed the settings in the CPS to hardware encryption instead of software. Its a small step but often over looked. If thats not the problem come back and we'll try again. :) . I had the same problem with a 5000 a while back and that was my problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That's the first thing I did. As of now it's only hardware because I reflashed it with a different flashcode. When I get home in about 15min I'll post up the flashcode.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Flashcode
e8a92b5fe766b5c267a025670bcfded2.jpg

RayAir

Is this a key management issue? You don't have CKR selected in CPS, correct?
You'll need to use PID since you're using an old KVL if you haven't already tried this.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
You can and should have both PID and CKR checked if you plan to evernload anything or have anything loaded with a KVL3000+. Make sure you have the appropriate number of slots set up in the codeplug for the number of keys you are loading and you are loading into the correct slots.

Failing that, make sure your cable and/or hirose adapter are not damaged. I’ve had some radios where I’ve had to tightly hold the adapter against the radio to get it to take the keys.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Is this a key management issue? You don't have CKR selected in CPS, correct?
You'll need to use PID since you're using an old KVL if you haven't already tried this.
You can and should have both PID and CKR checked if you plan to evernload anything or have anything loaded with a KVL3000+. Make sure you have the appropriate number of slots set up in the codeplug for the number of keys you are loading and you are loading into the correct slots.

Failing that, make sure your cable and/or hirose adapter are not damaged. I’ve had some radios where I’ve had to tightly hold the adapter against the radio to get it to take the keys.
I have 3 keys in the kvl, slot 0, 1 & 2
Im cps slot 0,1,2 for each key

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I’m sure you know this but on the radio it will be 1, 2, 3. When you load the keys it will be 0 to 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 3. Again, I would check your cable and/or adapter.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Disregard this.. not sure what I was thinking but I went back into one of my codeplugs and you are doing it right.
Anyway I can just send you my cpg and see if everything is right. If a xts2500 cant be loaded why do they offer a secure keypad that dont load keys...Is it just for a wow factor......im pretty pissed I spent a bit of money for looks and not use.

Status
Not open for further replies.