• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Control Channels non affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivera293

My question is regarding me to missing partial radio traffic on my Motorola apx set up to not affiliate. I have programmed the control channels, as well as the alternate control channels and the control frequency’s for the other sites on my system... all this info was obtained from unitrunker.. my question is that is having to many frequencies programmed in to the radio causing some delay when I’m receiving traffic? Should I just program the main control channel(the one I have unitrunker parked in)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately with that method you are guaranteed to miss traffic if the system is busy to start with. There’s a topic that details how to properly program the radio to NAS and you won’t miss any traffic either
If you search NAS you will find something
Also there’s YouTube videos on how to properly program the radio as well

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Using no affiliate scan, typical culprits for the described behavior include:

* System search time - set this to 255 seconds. Default is 2 and can cause the radio to miss traffic as it bounces back to the conventional channel too often.

* Radio holding on conventional channel too long due to carrier / squelch settings. Be sure you have selected a dead channel so the radio quickly ignores it quickly and goes back to the trunking control channel to listen.

* Radio is locking onto a control channel belonging to an adjacent site. However, this is unlikely given your report that the radio is unmuting late on a conversation. Still, it would be good practice to eliminate adjacent site's control channels until you achieve desired operation on one. My preferred method is to use separate Trunking Systems for each site on a system so I can force the radio to one site or another, depending on the desired talkgroup(s) I wish to hear.

* Radio is out of alignment.

rivera293

Using no affiliate scan, typical culprits for the described behavior include:

* System search time - set this to 255 seconds. Default is 2 and can cause the radio to miss traffic as it bounces back to the conventional channel too often.

* Radio holding on conventional channel too long due to carrier / squelch settings. Be sure you have selected a dead channel so the radio quickly ignores it quickly and goes back to the trunking control channel to listen.

* Radio is locking onto a control channel belonging to an adjacent site. However, this is unlikely given your report that the radio is unmuting late on a conversation. Still, it would be good practice to eliminate adjacent site's control channels until you achieve desired operation on one. My preferred method is to use separate Trunking Systems for each site on a system so I can force the radio to one site or another, depending on the desired talkgroup(s) I wish to hear.

* Radio is out of alignment.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will verify these setting on the cps when I get a chance.

rivera293

Unfortunately with that method you are guaranteed to miss traffic if the system is busy to start with. There’s a topic that details how to properly program the radio to NAS and you won’t miss any traffic either
If you search NAS you will find something
Also there’s YouTube videos on how to properly program the radio as well

Can you link me to the method thread? I couldn’t find it. And what other method is there?

Last edited:

mrat1234

i have the same problem of missing radio traffic on my moto xts5000 m3. what should the rx unmute be set to for the conv channel. it also stays on the conv channel too long sometimes and unmutes during the middle of the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.