• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire43Fighter

Hello all, I'm having an issue with my CPS I have an older prolific drivers installed so I'm not getting a code 10 error but when I load into CPS I hit for it to read my COM3 it start to not respond I tried waiting 15 minutes and it didn't work, any ideas

jim202

Hello all, I'm having an issue with my CPS I have an older prolific drivers installed so I'm not getting a code 10 error but when I load into CPS I hit for it to read my COM3 it start to not respond I tried waiting 15 minutes and it didn't work, any ideas

I'm not trying to be nit picking, but it would help to provide the version of Windows your trying to use on your computer and which radio your trying to program. Also providing the version of the CPS your using could help as there are some versions of some radio software that have known problems.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
So you are programming a radio for Privacy Plus? While never really dealing with the Privacy Plus CPS I can tell the issue you are having is almost identical to the issue I have with Waris (Profesional series) CPS using a 64 bit machine running either Windows 7 or Windows 10. Only work around I've found is to use a 32 bit machine. I typically use the IOGear RS232 to USB adapter (it also happens to be the one recommended by Motorola) if I need the adapter.

Fire43Fighter

So you are programming a radio for Privacy Plus? While never really dealing with the Privacy Plus CPS I can tell the issue you are having is almost identical to the issue I have with Waris (Profesional series) CPS using a 64 bit machine running either Windows 7 or Windows 10. Only work around I've found is to use a 32 bit machine. I typically use the IOGear RS232 to USB adapter (it also happens to be the one recommended by Motorola) if I need the adapter.
Its PassPortCPS

radioguy224

Premium Subscriber
mototrbo xpr 6550 error 1687 message

hello all

I have a xpr6550 portable radio and I am using the latest software 15.0 and my radio firmware is R01.12.17 and the CPS VER. 13.02.03 and I keep getting the error message when I connect it with the programming cable PMKN4012A and PMKN4012B.

Please help thanks

(photo below is what the error message says)

Status
Not open for further replies.