• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 non affiliate scan MPSCS add more than control & alternate channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8ZFC

Premium Subscriber
Got a motorola XTS 5000 800 MHz P25 scanning the Mich.PSCS using "non affiliate" scan

Was wondering if I can program more than just the control channel frq.'s?

another question is can I add more than two control channels?

example: is I have my county's Control Channels but I also drive into another county which carries/broadcasts my county's dispatch can i also add that county's CC?

Thank you

gjhamilton

Got a motorola XTS 5000 800 MHz P25 scanning the Mich.PSCS using "non affiliate" scan

Was wondering if I can program more than just the control channel frq.'s?

another question is can I add more than two control channels?

example: is I have my county's Control Channels but I also drive into another county which carries/broadcasts my county's dispatch can i also add that county's CC?

Thank you

I assume you are talking about setting it to smart zone. Issue you will have is Radio will roam to another site where the TG you are listening to may or may not be on. On the xts/xtl it’s better to program individual sites an go from there. I haven’t had any luck trying to get smartzone to work using Site Preference either. However it works fairly well on APX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KD8ZFC

Premium Subscriber
thanks
that's what i kinda thought about add different county control channels

what about using more than just control channels?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
There are several ways to program a system/trunking personality. If you have a large multi-site system you can either (1) tell the trunking personality to ALWAYS monitor 1 site, or (2) give the trunking personality a preferred site, and let it roam to other adjacent sites if the preferred site falls below the specified thresholds. You can also specify a LEAST preferred site. It's impossible to know which option is best for you, without knowing exactly which sites you want to monitor (hopefully you already know that part).

For control channels, you can program however many CC's you want in the main system screen, I believe it's under "700_800_900 ASTRO 25 Control Channels". Just enter whatever CC's you want for the entire system, it can take a large number of CC's (I believe at 100 or more). BTW, PLEASE carefully follow the applicable instructions for NAF scanning, print them out and read them over and over again, to make absolutely certain you know what you're doing...

W

W4ZMJ

You could always set the scan up for a multi system I've used that before when setting up a scan list it seems to work okay but there's a little lag sometimes in the Transmissions

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

KD8ZFC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks
Yes I definitely know what I’m doing I’ve done weeks and weeks of research before even attempting to program for NAF I’ve already have it programmed and working great!
Was just curious about the question I had
Thanks again for the info.!

Status
Not open for further replies.