• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hold my beer WATCH THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hmmm. Nice. But.... more sales gimmicks.

I want to see them drop it from several height ranges.

I'd like to know what fire agency fireman took a nail to chest and it hitting the display and where is this radio. I'd like to see the data specs and breakdown of it on what damage happened or if any internal besides the lcd.

KK2DOG

Premium Subscriber
Back when I was a volunteer fireman we were fighting a structure fire and my partner lost his Motorola Minitor pager somewhere inside the house. The next day he found it and it was just a plastic blob, but it still received!

Danny37

Our old ht1000 if they fell on the butt of the radio, the batteries would eject.

So the XE models have a shock absorbant build into radio but the standard models don't?

Danny37

I've seen the Motorola portables we used back in the 80s and 90s take a lot of abuse and still work.

FDNY still has a lot of xts3500 in service and are slowly phasing them out with the apx8000 XE. Those XTS radios have been through hell and back and are still going strong.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I would be concerned about that lithium battery self destructing in the future.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

masstech

There was a radio Motorola was using to show their APX line off that was partly cut through and underwater. Is there a video of that somewhere?

WPXS472

Its a funny thing how some radios will take a tremendous beating, while others won't. Back in a previous life, when I worked for Uncle Sam, we got in a whole slew of Saber 1s with DES XL. VHF low split. One day, I sat one down and it fell over. Dead. I thought:"What a piece of crap." A while later, a fellow worker dropped one about 20 feet from an overhead crane onto concrete and all it did was scuff the battery a little. There was something funny about those Sabers. The Motorola rep told us that if we had one go bad to call him to come get it. Under no circumstances were we to send one back to Motorlola.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
quote"
I've seen the Motorola portables we used back in the 80s and 90s take a lot of abuse and still work.

Bring back the MX portable(not the "S" model), used by FDNY, NYPD and NYC EMS. I had the exact same portable for my entire time with NYC EMS. That's 3 tours a day 365 days a year times 14 years. Broke a lot of batteries and antenna's but never failed.

IMPRES2

I'd like to know what fire agency fireman took a nail to chest and it hitting the display and where is this radio. I'd like to see the data specs and breakdown of it on what damage happened or if any internal besides the lcd.

An Oviedo Police officer accidently discharged their firearm at another officer, the radio (XTS 5000) took the hit and prevented injury to the officer. Seminole County, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.