• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 7550 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacabo

I have an XPR 7550 UHF (H56RDN9KA1AN). When I try to read the radio with CPS R14 I'm getting error #1027 (codeplug version not supported). The radio is listed as having codeplug version 12. The radio is NA version and was last programmed in January. Any thoughts on a fix?

Attachments

• 1027.PNG
    1027.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 963
  • radio.PNG
    radio.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,153

Firebuff880

I have an XPR 7550 UHF (H56RDN9KA1AN). When I try to read the radio with CPS R14 I'm getting error #1027 (codeplug version not supported). The radio is listed as having codeplug version 12. The radio is NA version and was last programmed in January. Any thoughts on a fix?

Firmware indicates 2.08.nn which means it was programed with CPS 15, now 15.5. You have to use same or newer versions.

zacabo

That is correct. Once I updated the CPS from MOL its now reading the radio. Thanks

zacabo

There is a password on the radio. I have tried to clone the radio with another radio but it still prompts for a password. I have also tried to recover the radio but when I have to select the firmware/codeplug version its blank. I have had to recover an XPR6550 with my old computer and never had an issue. I have attached a picture of the recovery screen and a list of the firmware in the Motorola CPS program file. Maybe someone else knows what I'm doing wrong

Attachments

• file.PNG
    file.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 784
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,050

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Im have the same problem. can someone send me the firmware file link?
Probably not legally. I believe you have to apply for your own Motorola Online ("MOL") account and download the firmware from there.

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
You posted a screenshot from the MOTOTRBO depot tool in your original post which is against the rules here. Not to mention your end game is to bypass a password protected radio. Whether be to read the current codeplug or not. You're looking in all the wrong places and doing it all the wrong ways. Give the radio back to whoever you got it from.

zacabo

The radio was returned from a customer and I own it. It is locked and I'm trying to unlock it by using the recovery option.

Aaron_B

The radio was returned from a customer and I own it. It is locked and I'm trying to unlock it by using the recovery option.

You say this was returned from a customer so are you a Channel Partner or do you just sell radios as a side gig. If you are a Channel partner I'm sure you would know this is not the best place to ask for that kind of help and that there are better ways of doing this. If you just a guy selling used radios (no shame in that btw as it can be a fun side gig) you have a better chance of getting it fixed by sending it back to Motorola as opposed to asking for that kind of help on this forum.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
We're done here. Posting screenshots of proprietary Motorola software is not wise nor condoned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.