• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola APX Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacabo

I finally had some time to program my APX 7000 to scan a local police department (Fort Lauderdale FL). RR lists it as being phase 2 but my XTS5000 is sitting here scanning while my APX is not. I have successfully programmed a type II system in the APX and it is working. The radio will stop on a scanned channel but there is no audio. I have done some research and I believe it has something to do with my band plan. I have used unitrunker. I have it set to not validate the NAC although I know some will swear by this and others like Mikeoxlong say it makes no difference.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 427
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 423

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It would work a lot better if the bandplan in the APX matched what you are showing in UT.

zacabo

This is the first time I have ever used unitrunker. I'm guessing the offset is incorrect or I mixed up the TDMA vs FDMA. A little help please

RF-Burns

Your band plan is wrong. 700Mhz is a +30.00000 Offset and your Phase II TDMA frequencies must be in columns 9 and 10.

So FDMA in Columns 1 and 2 and TDMA in Columns 9 &10.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
...and your Phase II TDMA frequencies must be in columns 9 and 10.

So FDMA in Columns 1 and 2 and TDMA in Columns 9 &10.

Umm...no.

The UT screenshot shows exactly how it needs to be (except UT starts at 0 and MSI starts at 1).

RF-Burns

I guess I wasn't aware the FCC gave Public Safety the 730Mhz portion of the 700Mhz band. 762Mhz -30.0000 offset is 732Mhz. You might want to look at the band plans again. But then again maybe I was asleep when the FCC auctioned it off.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I guess I wasn't aware the FCC gave Public Safety the 730Mhz portion of the 700Mhz band. 762Mhz -30.0000 offset is 732Mhz. You might want to look at the band plans again. But then again maybe I was asleep when the FCC auctioned it off.

He has multiple issues, your offset report is one of them.

Nothing goes in 9 and 10, according to the UT screenshot.

zacabo

If you don't know what you're doing .. you shouldn't be doing it .. especially on someone else's system!

Thanks for the info I'll keep that in mind. After some more searching I was finally able to get it working. I ended up using a Uniden Homepatrol 2 to record activity on the control channel. I then put it into pro96com to decode the data. Pro96com was able to give me the correct base frequency and offsets.

zacabo

Looking back at my previous post I now realize Unitrunker was giving me the same info I just wasn't reading the table correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.