• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 7000 Update FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacabo

This morning I was updating the firmware to 17.01.01. The radio finished updating but now is not recognizing the secure board. It doesn't recognize the board and is giving me the error 09/10. I tried to refresh it again but the final validation fails. I don't want to pay to send it to Motorola. Any help, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

zacabo

Also when I write the codeplug to the radio, it will reboot and the updating secure HW (hardware) will be shown for a minute or two.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Has the radio be written with Depot or hacked at all? Word on the street is that at some point they will start attacking hacked radios. TT

zacabo

The radio was being updated from firmware version 7. Before the update I saved the codeplug and have tried to write it back to the radio without success. Maybe I should have tried updating to an earlier version first.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Remember MTS2000 “toolproofing”?

Sure. And it wasn't some deep state secret. Toolproofing was well publicized by Motorola. It had its own error code: FAIL 01/93 which occurred after having used the tools and only when the radio had the required firmware (> 5.42.). Toolproofing didn't "attack" previously "hacked" radios. For these reasons, I conclude that the statement about Motorola attacking previously hacked radios is without merit until such time as further information becomes available. TT's statement is gossip; nothing more.

zacabo

The secure version was R010202. The current version is r00.00.00 with the secure hardware type unknown and secure HW version 0000. Before the radio was upgraded the MACE was working correctly and I was able to load secure keys with the KVL3000+.

zacabo

When trying to refresh the radio it says flashing components and flashing MACE once complete it gives me a green check mark. Then it says radio update validation failed for the final upgrade validation.

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
Open a saved codeplug and under where it says “secure hardware type” is MACE, you will see the hardware version. Is it SHWY03 or something else?

zacabo

Open a saved codeplug and under where it says “secure hardware type” is MACE, you will see the hardware version. Is it SHWY03 or something else?

I don't have it in front of me right now but I believe it was SHWY03. I also have heard Motorola pulled FW version R17.01.01 and went to R17.01.00.

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
The reason that I asked is because you have a very old build. If your MACE is an E or D version an upgrade can cause it to fail or throw it into an upgrade loop.

Last edited:

zacabo

The reason that I asked is because you have a very old build. If your MACE is an E or D version and upgrade can cause it to fail or throw it into an upgrade loop.

Oh no. That sucks. Are you aware of any way to break it out of the loop. Thanks for the replies

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
First, try a different version of CPS (one that matches the firmware version). If that doesn’t work and your MACE is a SHWY03 then you would have to Depot the radio (“or equivalent”). If it’s an “E” or “D” version the you will pretty much be limited to trying the “or equivalent” approach and hoping for the best.

Last edited:

APX7500X2

I don't have it in front of me right now but I believe it was SHWY03. I also have heard Motorola pulled FW version R17.01.01 and went to R17.01.00.

Correct

17.01.01 had some bad bug issues 17.01.00 is current one you can get, 17.01.03 is out but not available to us

Status
Not open for further replies.