RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2018, 7:50 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Motorola M3 to Baofeng / Kenwood

Good Evening Folks,

I recently purchased a Mobilinkd bluetooth kiss TNC to use with my Baofeng radio for APRS (for now) and I have realized that the RX / TX on that radio is rather poor.

So, I was wondering if there was anything at there that I could connect to my Motorola HT1000 or XTS5000 that would let me connect my Baofeng / Kenwood cable to for RX / PTT.

I bought an adapter that I thought would do the trick but it turned out to be an M3 - Motorola 2 pin adapter so the pins were too close together.

If something like this doesn't exist, could I simply take apart a Jedi mic and wire something up that way?

Thanks in advance.

KB3ZWI - Kevin
Old 07-07-2018, 7:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB3ZWI View Post
Good Evening Folks,

I recently purchased a Mobilinkd bluetooth kiss TNC to use with my Baofeng radio for APRS (for now) and I have realized that the RX / TX on that radio is rather poor.

So, I was wondering if there was anything at there that I could connect to my Motorola HT1000 or XTS5000 that would let me connect my Baofeng / Kenwood cable to for RX / PTT.

I bought an adapter that I thought would do the trick but it turned out to be an M3 - Motorola 2 pin adapter so the pins were too close together.

If something like this doesn't exist, could I simply take apart a Jedi mic and wire something up that way?

Thanks in advance.

KB3ZWI - Kevin
What are you trying to connect to what? Your post is confusing.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2018, 7:28 AM
Forums Manager/Global DB Admin/Commie
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

If I understand it, he's looking for a cable to allow him to connect his tnc to his Motorola radio.

A speaker mic should have the proper connections.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 07-07-2018, 8:20 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlong View Post
If I understand it, he's looking for a cable to allow him to connect his tnc to his Motorola radio.

A speaker mic should have the proper connections.
Yep, that is correct. Sorry for the confusing post. The TNC I have has a K-plug on one end (for Baofeng and Kenwood ham radios) and a 4 pole 3.5mm audio connector on one end (like a smartphone headphone connector).

What I was hoping to find was an adapter that I just pop on the Mototola Radio with the M3 style connector (like the Jedi style shoulder mic) that would allow me to connect my tnc cable to without having to make a cable.

Tags
aprs, ht1000, motorola, xts5000