RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2018, 8:12 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default v14 CPS, importing CSV's, xpr-4550

I am trying to import CSV files to the Radio Management tool in CPS v14. Can anyone give me some pointers on it?

I tried to reverse the process and export the codeplug I made to CSV to see how it was formatted but it doesn't have any of the operational data in it - just the SN etc - basic info about the radio.

I have read where there may be differences in the "formatting" structure of CSV files between different spreadsheet programs (excel, open office, excel on PC vs windows emilator on MAC, Google Sheets, etc). However, I don't think I am even to that level of "missing the boat" yet - I am not sure on the formatting structure.

What I am trying to accomplish is to export out from an Anytone codeplug the data in CSV then import it in as CSV to the Motorola so I can run it on my XPR-4550.

I downloaded a fresh users/contacts list today trying that instead, but I am getting similar errors.

In the Anytone CPS I have the ability to export specific sections of the information (users, zones, channels, scan groups, etc) as individual CSV files. I am not sure that I can import the individual files to the Motorola CPS? Do I have to create a spreadsheet CSV that contains everything then get it formatted right to import in to the Motorola CPS?
Old 07-08-2018, 7:21 PM

What you are looking for is not supported in CPS or Radio Manager.

You can't do it.
Old 07-08-2018, 8:11 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

So, for example, how do I import the contacts list located here:
https://ham-digital.org/status/users.csv

to my code plug?

I figured out, this evening after getting a code plug from a friend, that I can copy/paste between them. That doesn't help me with the contacts - it only goes so far as what is in an existing code plug.

There is information in the thread here (see below) on getting CSV files to motorola CPS through Radio Management. I am not sure why it is thought to "not be supported"?
https://forums.radioreference.com/mo...structure.html

This is also the excerpt from the Help menu in CPS describing CSV imports:

Last edited by KC8QVO; 07-08-2018 at 8:20 PM..
Old 07-09-2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8QVO View Post
So, for example, how do I import the contacts list located here:
https://ham-digital.org/status/users.csv

to my code plug?

I figured out, this evening after getting a code plug from a friend, that I can copy/paste between them. That doesn't help me with the contacts - it only goes so far as what is in an existing code plug.

There is information in the thread here (see below) on getting CSV files to motorola CPS through Radio Management. I am not sure why it is thought to "not be ssupported"
Motorola does not support the ability to import from an kind of file any aspect of a code plug. At one time the HAM community had code available the decompiled a code plug updated the contact list an recompiled it. That feature for many reasons has been gone for awhile !

Best you can do is learn Radio Manger where in configuration mode you can use sets.

Sorry, just the way MOTOTRBO CPS is.
Old 07-10-2018, 2:17 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8QVO View Post
What I am trying to accomplish is to export out from an Anytone codeplug the data in CSV then import it in as CSV to the Motorola so I can run it on my XPR-4550.
This will never happen. But should you know somebody with any Moto DMR radio that has the info you want, it takes 2 minutes to do this.