RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2018, 2:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default XTS3000 - Missing options in programmed zones

Hey folks!
I recently purchased a Motorola XTS3000 UHF Model II. It came preprogrammed from a buddy with various public safety agencies, and as shown in the photo below it has all 3 programmed softkey options for those zones.

https://i.imgur.com/MUYQuzq.jpg

However, after programming in some local HAM repeaters, I noticed that an option isn't available, nor can I scroll to the second page of softkeys:

https://i.imgur.com/ZG1iUt2.jpg

This is rather disappointing as I'd still like to access the MUTE function on the second page while I'm on a HAM repeater.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to what option I'm missing in my programming. I've looked around at the conventional personalities I programmed and don't see anything that could be related.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
drsn0w

Last edited by drsn0w; 07-14-2018 at 2:55 AM.. Reason: huge photos
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2018, 4:22 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You have to go into the cps and program your menu items. You can set them up any way you like. Search the help file for menu items and it should tell you exactly tly how to do it. I want to say the settings are under the radio wide header but it has been a long time since I played with ASTRO CPS.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Stop streaming public safety comms before encryption kills our hobby!
Old 07-14-2018, 4:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtklamp2 View Post
You have to go into the cps and program your menu items. You can set them up any way you like. Search the help file for menu items and it should tell you exactly tly how to do it. I want to say the settings are under the radio wide header but it has been a long time since I played with ASTRO CPS.

I've done that, they're set up how I like and work just fine for the zones that were already in the radio. They're just not appearing for the zones I've added.

Sent from my BCD436HP using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2018, 4:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Is one a trunked system and the other a conventional because I believe there are 2 different menu lists for the two different modes. If your friend programmed in a 3600 baud system and you programmed in a conventional system the menu keys he set up for the trunking system will not show up on the conventional channels.

Stop streaming public safety comms before encryption kills our hobby!
Old 07-14-2018, 4:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtklamp2 View Post
Is one a trunked system and the other a conventional because I believe there are 2 different menu lists for the two different modes. If your friend programmed in a 3600 baud system and you programmed in a conventional system the menu keys he set up for the trunking system will not show up on the conventional channels.

It's all conventional. This is a puzzling issue...

Sent from my BCD436HP using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2018, 7:33 AM

Both pictures show conventional channels, as evidenced by the CSQ (speaker) icon.

Some menu items only show up if the channel the radio is on is setup for that feature. The PROG menu item (on a 3000) allows access to, among other things, editing a scanlist. So, without having seen the codeplug, my guess is that the ham channel isn't setup to scan, thus the PROG menu doesn't show up.
Old 07-14-2018, 4:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by akardam View Post
Both pictures show conventional channels, as evidenced by the CSQ (speaker) icon.

Some menu items only show up if the channel the radio is on is setup for that feature. The PROG menu item (on a 3000) allows access to, among other things, editing a scanlist. So, without having seen the codeplug, my guess is that the ham channel isn't setup to scan, thus the PROG menu doesn't show up.
Bingo! That fixed it. Thank you!