• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CPS subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

precpu1

I got a subscription for CPS for a Mototrbo XPR7550e..Moto put it in my catalog..I put it in my cart..So,,this being a 3 year download subscription, what happens after I pay..Do I get a link sent to my email for d/l or does the cart bring me to a site??I get paid on Friday,,this is Wednesday and I'm driving myself crazy,,anyone out there thats done this ?? I gotta know
Mike
WB2NYC

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
Log in to your MOL account. Click on "Resource Center" and open it. Then choose "Software" Then "Two-Way" then MOTOTRBO, then CPS/Service

romanr

Mike,
I've found that the trick is to call the MOL phone line and talk to someone. BE POLITE and let them know that you'd like to get the wide-band EID as quickly as possible. The fastest way to make things happen is to call them and politely ask for their help - they can push things along manually and that is often much faster than waiting for things to progress through their system automatically.

- You will need them to approve your account before the training session can even show up in your search.
- Then, you will need to watch the video and take the quiz - it's fast.
- After you've received confirmation that you completed the course successfully, call them again and ask to get the approval acknowledged by the system so that you can order the EIDs.
- Order several EIDs. They're free and each attempt is counted, so if you make a mistake, you'll want several (ask for 20 or 25 - again, they're free).
- You'll get the EIDs via email.

Also, call them to make sure that your software agreement has been acknowledged by the system and your MOL account has been approved for you to download the CPS and firmware.

It took me several calls, but in every case the people were polite and helpful. (this was 3 years ago when I first signed up. The renewal this month went faster....)

*IF* you've already signed the software agreement and have your account set up, it's possible that you could get it all done by Friday - but not without a bit of gentle pushing via phone.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
the 25khz class usually takes the longest, but it is well worth the wait

dorslv

Thanks for the info guys, 20 min. On phone, very polite and helpful, with customer care. They helped me create an account, and answered the required 9 questions. Now just waiting for approval, then sign the license agreement, they even provided me with the part number for the 25khz course, where to go and the browser requirements. Very painless indeed, don't know why some are making a big issue of this, could be attitude goes along way when your polite to others...

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
People make a big deal about it because they are pirating the software and because of this are unable to obtain EIDs through legitimate means.

N4KVE

Thanks for the info guys, 20 min. On phone, very polite and helpful, with customer care. They helped me create an account, and answered the required 9 questions. Now just waiting for approval, then sign the license agreement, they even provided me with the part number for the 25khz course, where to go and the browser requirements. Very painless indeed, don't know why some are making a big issue of this, could be attitude goes along way when your polite to others...
Because some people have waited weeks until they were actually able to program a radio. Others were told “what is the name of your business? We don’t deal with hams”. So let’s see how long it is until you are actually programming a radio. Also, there are several sites where a wideband “fix” Is published for those who can not download the EID. Takes about 2 minutes to install, & works great. Good luck.

Last edited:

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Having been inside the small call center where all of the TRBO (and other US based) support calls go, I can say that they get a ton of hammies calling in. Almost 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 it seemed like while I was there. Now that a lot of those positions have been moved to Poland, I am sure the call volume is the same. The above advise with steps and politely following up is the best course of action. Be aware that coming soon TRBO support (including firmware updates) will be a paid option. So if you are wanting CPS and other help, get it soon. TT

dorslv

I'm still waiting for Moto to build my radio, the dealer will program it for me and then ship it. I am in no hurry to do any programming as of yet, 1.) I am not qualified too.
2.) I am still learning the fine art of codeplugging. 3.) When i do have enough experience after playing with my tyt then and only then will i attempt to program the xpr7550e if needed. 4.) I believe that some are in just too much of a hurry! (Improper planning)
Then find out DMR is a whole different ball game. Take deep breath.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
People make a big deal about it because they are pirating the software and because of this are unable to obtain EIDs through legitimate means.

I have a business account with Motorola. I cannot wish my experiences with them on my worst enemy. It's always some BS, some sort of runaround, being transferred between sometimes 4, 5, even 6 departments.

In the latest round of Motorola stupidity, my account type was apparently discontinued. This required them to merge my account with a new one, which 3 weeks later has still not been completed. Was transferred between 6 different departments, 3 different phone numbers, and probably talked to close to 2 dozen different people at Motorola.

This is all to download the CPS that I ALREADY PAID FOR. It's no wonder people are pirating their software, because dealing with them directly is an absolutely nightmare. Sometimes you get somebody who knows what they're doing, sometimes (most of the time) you don't.

MFG_rrt

My experience so far:

- Created MOL business account 7/25
- Account was registered and approved on 7/26
- Signed license agreement on 7/27
- Was lost from there, so used Chat feature in MOL on 7/31 to ask how to purchase CPS
- Vanessa was very helpful, and created a case for my account to be approved for CPS purchase
- Account authorized for CPS purchase on 8/1
- APX CPS purchased on 8/1
- Order status started as something like "pending"
- Order status upgraded to "Credit Review", not sure why, it's paid for

Let's see how the rest of it goes. I'm hopeful. My APX 8k was received by my dealer on 7/30 and sent out same day to the tech to enable all features as paid for. So I still have, likely a week, before I get the radio. I'm hopefully I'll have CPS by then.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've heard of several people being on 'credit review' for weeks. Usually requires a phone call to rectify.

N4KVE

Yeah. The PENDING DILEMA. It’s been described on other forums. It’s sort of a credit hold, even though you paid. Like someone else stated, this is why people buy discs for $20. In what other industry do they make purchasing a product so difficult?

MFG_rrt

I've heard of several people being on 'credit review' for weeks. Usually requires a phone call to rectify.

Yeah. The PENDING DILEMA. It’s been described on other forums. It’s sort of a credit hold, even though you paid. Like someone else stated, this is why people buy discs for $20. In what other industry do they make purchasing a product so difficult?

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. If it doesn't change by tomorrow, I'll get on their chat line again.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I have a business subscription to MOL, but let it lapse a few months, I don't have to go through the whole process to have it reactivated, do I?

z31jaime

I just had the same thing on my dealer account. It said credit review. Turns out I had set the shipping date to 8-2 and sure enough it waited the week till today and it auto emailed me the link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MFG_rrt

I just had the same thing on my dealer account. It said credit review. Turns out I had set the shipping date to 8-2 and sure enough it waited the week till today and it auto emailed me the link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Funny. I noticed the ship date in my cart, and thought "why is it a few days out". So I changed it to 8/2.

Let me go see if it's updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.