• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR 7550

Status
Not open for further replies.

bferguson1121

Just got this VHF radio to use at my volunteer FD and whenever I go to charge the radio with the IMPRES charger the charging base will be orange. I know orange means the battery is reconditioning but the radio will do an annoying beep tone about every 5 seconds until I pick the radio up off of the charger and sit it back down. Then the charger turns red and it stops the annoying beep tone. by ideas what causes this and how to turn that off with either the radio or the programming software, thanks.

N4KVE

Also charge the battery without the radio attached. There’s no reason to have the radio in the charger. In my case, I have 2 batteries, so when the battery is weak, I attach the new battery, & charge the weak one. But NEVER charge a battery while the radio is on while attached to a radio.

bferguson1121

So nobody answered the question if it can be turned off. I have no problem with letting the battery recondition in the charger but I like to leave the radio on to listen to dispatch. You recommend me to charge the battery seperately from the radio itself. I am also fine with that but do you know a place to get a decent deal on a IMPRES battery. Unfortunately when I purchased the radio it came with one battery and they are pretty expensive from Motorola dealer. Thanks again for the suggestions!

wardaddy

The IMPRES charger can't properly condition the battery with the radio on; in fact, it can't even properly charge the battery with the radio on.. I'm guessing the alert tone you are hearing is a design implementation to alert you to that. You have two options: 1, you can ruin your battery by charging it with the unit on, or 2, buy an additional battery.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Several bits of good advice above. Let the charger do it's thing. Read the manual, and it will tell you to TURN THE RADIO OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.