• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

dp4601 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark999

Have a dp 4601 with dreaded codeplug password.
Can not read.
Can not recover and can not clone.
Have tried clone id on preferences.
I think it may be my model number is not the same as the codeplugs I have.

Does anyone have a codeplug UHF for model number mdh56rdh9JA1AN please ?
None of the sample code plugs are that model number and my own set is H56RDH9KA1AN.

I think I would need a MDH56RDH9JA1AN code plug to be able to clone the radio and get it working again.

Anyone have a blank with that model number or any ideas how to get the radio reset ?
Thanks, Mark.

mark999

Ok here is how it was solved.
It was a dp 4600 sorry not 4601
Password code plug locked motorola dp series
Device update, recover, reboot all do not work on FIRMWARE 2.40 onwards if the codeplug is locked.
Sharkwire can not read the password.

Solution :
You need a compatible codeplug for the exact model number, they can be several versions, check the model number on the sticker in the back.

I searched for a dp4600 codeplug and found a old Blackpool hamnet version on line.
There is no 4600 example in cps 15 onwards.

Once I had the code plug I booted the radio in to CPS.
In CPS clicked edit from top menus and scroll to preferences.
In preferences is a tick box "Clone radio identity"
Then with the codeplug loaded select Clone.
This brought up clone menu and cloned the radio to the downloaded codeplug.
At this stage you still can not load to the radio only clone
Next step to solve this issue :
Then read the cloned codeplug back back from the radio.
Edit the radio ID and name and delete the entries from the read codeplug and rewrite a this codeplug or add your frequencies if you have time.
Write this back to the radio,
The radio is now completely unlocked from the codeplug lock and can accept codeplugs via write to radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.