• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 7000 Issues VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRadioGuru

So I have a 700/800 MHZ and VHF enabled APX 7000.... But it's not allowing me to setup a conventional channel with a VHF frequency in it.

Flashcode is: 901208-001492-2-000000-000000

abnrto

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I see that could be a problem is you don't have QA00579*Enable Dual Band Operation. Even if it's built for dual band it it's not enable you want be able to use it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ME801

Tree view in CPS, Conventional Configuration, Conventional Personality, Frequency Options, click in the blue plus symbol...are you able to add frequencies?

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I see that could be a problem is you don't have QA00579*Enable Dual Band Operation. Even if it's built for dual band it it's not enable you want be able to use it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks like the OP has a depot hacked flashcode and the perpetrator forgot to enable dual band operation.

Decoding Flashcode: 901208-001492-2
Platform: APX7000

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
G996: Over the Air Provisioning
QA00569: Primary Band: 700/800
QA00574: Secondary Band: VHF
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q947: APCO Packet Data Interface
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
QA00580: Enable TDMA Operation
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
QA00577: Front Display and Full Keypad (M3)

QA00579 is definitely missing.

TheRadioGuru

You know I am an idiot from time to time and didn't even notice 579 missing. These are very legit county owned radios that were purchased from the dealer with "VHF Enabled" supposedly...

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
You know I am an idiot from time to time and didn't even notice 579 missing. These are very legit county owned radios that were purchased from the dealer with "VHF Enabled" supposedly...

If that’s the case then your dealer owes you a flashkey to enable the dual band feature. Even if the radio wasn’t supposed to have VHF enabled, the cost to add the feature is not that great.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Even if the radio wasn’t supposed to have VHF enabled, the cost to add the feature is not that great.
You're joking, right? QA00579 list price is $1,000, and even with the 25% discount MSI gives NYS contract pricing, it's still a hefty $750 option to unlock the secondary band.

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
You're joking, right? QA00579 list price is $1,000, and even with the 25% discount MSI gives NYS contract pricing, it's still a hefty $750 option to unlock the secondary band.

No, I’m not joking. $750 is the going price and I don’t consider that to be expensive.

NVAGVUP

Feed Provider
MSWIN- If you purchased radios from your dealer with VHF enabled as a requirement, your dealer should fulfill your request. There mistake. If they do not, you need to find a new dealer.

cmdrwill

MSWIN- If you purchased radios from your dealer with VHF enabled as a requirement, your dealer should fulfill your request. There mistake. If they do not, you need to find a new dealer.

I would certainly report the "dealer" to big M. And find another dealer.

K2NEC

No, I’m not joking. $750 is the going price and I don’t consider that to be expensive.
For a $4000 radio, $750 for an upgrade is a rather small chunk of change.
If you have $4000 for a radio then $750 for an upgrade seems like nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.