• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 usb prolific programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I have a old laptop with XP id like to use to program a ham ht1250.

I normally would use a laptop with Vista but it's finally had its days. It was using the prolific 3.2.0.0 driver which worked fine.

XP though I have tried numerous versions and had no luck minus version 2.0.2.8 reading the radio but it won't write or can't detect the radio and gives the usual default cannot detect rib ensure radio is on etc message.

It's a authentic prolific driver verified by the chip check program from prolific I've had for years.

Looking at their site they don't offer too many older versions of the usb cable chip driver.

Does anyone out there have a working prolific driver for Windows XP that worked?

I have looked far and beyond with no luck trying numerous.

The prolific usb is a 0300 version PL-2303 XA / HXA chip.

I have tried the miklor site, and prolific but no luck.

I'd hate to go buy a new laptop this minute over 1 radio while the laptop works fine with numerous others as a programing laptop since the other one went out.

It does have a serial port. I do have a iogear adapter usb to serial that works with serial cables fine though I'd need to get a serial usb cable for the 1250 if that was last resort.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
After searching the endless links, dozens of back sites I found a driver for prolific usb ht1250 cables for the prolific usb 0300 version PL-2303 XA / HXA chip usb cable.

I used the ser2pl.sys from the iogear adapter, then applied driver version 2.0.9.122 which seems to work reading and writing fine.

So anyone in future comes across same issue with windows XP try the driver 2.0.9.122 for this prolific version chipset using the ser2pl.sys file version 2.0.2.1.

Windows Vista the 3.2.0.0 prolific driver worked.

Hope this helps anyone that crosses the older eol prolific usb serial cables in future which I'm sure are around.

Just for heads up there is newer chipsets of the prolific out there so you'll wanna get that over the older versions as I'm sure the drivers would be more supported for Windows 10, 7, 8 and less of a days worth of trouble shooting and digging around endless forums in web.

Status
Not open for further replies.