• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500- Stuck with ASK. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclej03

Hi all.

Recently bought an XTS2500 and after getting a cable and the CPS to program some RX frequencies, I have found it has ASK loaded into it.

I have been viewing posts all day trying to figure out how,who or what is the answer to fixing my ASK problem. if anyone can help me redo a codeplug or program this properly to make it work it will be greatly appreciated.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
there are 2 possible ways... one is using CPFix. the other requires a software that is not generally available to the public and requires you to build your own codeplug...search those out and it may get you more of what you need to know

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Software

Although the 2500 is an older radio and probably no longer supported, Motorola carefully protects the rights and access to their programs. Posting a request for the download can result in your being banned from some internet sites. I had this problem with a XTS3000 and found a technician with the software who was able to remove the ASK. Trying to find a Motorola dealer with the software might be a better use of your time.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
CPFix is still available on MoL for download.

XTS1500/2500 a s XTL1500/2500 have another year of support from Motorola at the depot level. Support for the 5000 series ends this year IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
To remove the ASK, CPFix requires a special file which is not available on MOL.

N4KVE

I’d contact the seller, & tell him the radio is useless, as it’s locked. If he can’t unlock it, I’d demand a refund. Hopefully you paid with PayPal.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
The CpFix is available, you are just not looking hard enough. You will more than likely have to join some group to get it, it's not generally out in the wild. Recently it was updated with all packages which do, ASK removal, reprogram ABC switch, code-plug version go back and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.