• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola MT2000 help with programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean791

Just recently purchased a Motorola MT2000. I have the cable and the software and I am running my computer in DOS. When I try to install the software I receive a message that says “the input drive can not be the same as the output drive”. Any suggestions on how to fix this? My computer will program an HT1000 with out any issues.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
unzipping

I am searching distant memory hear but this sounds like a file copy problem. Are you unzipping an archive?

Posting a screenshot may be helpful.

Bean791

Unzipping

Sorry I’m not great with this stuff. I’ll try and explain. It is an install file. I can get it to work on my laptop but I don’t have a 9 pin serial port on the laptop. But when I try and install on my computer with the 9 pin serial port it doesn’t install.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Typically, it’s looking for the install file to be somewhere like drive A and install to drive C.

I remember the command for the GM300 software being something like “A:\hdinstal C:”IIRC you’re pwd would have to be where the file was and you’d still have to define C:\ as the install location as some versions of DOS would assume pwd instead of the root C drive.

Could’ve sworn MT2000 RSS ran on windows…at least in the last revision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
MT2000 RSS came on floppies so it thinks you're trying to install it onto its own floppy.

It also never came with a Windows version unless my memory is getting bad. MTS2000 yes, MT2000 no.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
MT2000 RSS came on floppies so it thinks you're trying to install it onto its own floppy.

It also never came with a Windows version unless my memory is getting bad. MTS2000 yes, MT2000 no.

My memory is getting bad. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bean791

Maybe its my computer. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good latop for the MT2000 as well as the HT1000?

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I try to stick to older laptops or desktops that run windows 3.11, 3.10, or windows 95 and that run true dos 6.xx

Others have slowed the processor down with software mods but I don't mind having a extra old laptop hanging around. Just don't go too old it's hard to find batteries for them sometimes.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
The last released version of MTSX RSS was R6.08, December of 2005. It runs fine on (then current) hardware such as P4 2.6GHz single core CPUs, Core 2 Duos, etc but the key here is booting to a real DOS O/S, and a hardware serial port.

I've got a Dell Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM and a small FAT-32 partition for DOS based RSS. I boot from a floppy. MTSX R6.08 runs flawlessly on it, using real OEM RLN4008E RIB and OEM cable.

No need to search for some stone age 486 for MTSX. In fact, it will actually run much faster on a P4 class machine especially when you load large codeplugs. Paging through menus on a 486 in MTSX is painfully slow. Not to mention, finding WORKING 486 class laptops is becoming difficult, and when you do, often times they are being sold at collector's prices whereas decade old Core 2 Duo based laptops with RS-232 ports are a dime a dozen and (sans batteries) are usually perfectly functional.

Bean791

The last released version of MTSX RSS was R6.08, December of 2005. It runs fine on (then current) hardware such as P4 2.6GHz single core CPUs, Core 2 Duos, etc but the key here is booting to a real DOS O/S, and a hardware serial port.

I've got a Dell Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM and a small FAT-32 partition for DOS based RSS. I boot from a floppy. MTSX R6.08 runs flawlessly on it, using real OEM RLN4008E RIB and OEM cable.

No need to search for some stone age 486 for MTSX. In fact, it will actually run much faster on a P4 class machine especially when you load large codeplugs. Paging through menus on a 486 in MTSX is painfully slow. Not to mention, finding WORKING 486 class laptops is becoming difficult, and when you do, often times they are being sold at collector's prices whereas decade old Core 2 Duo based laptops with RS-232 ports are a dime a dozen and (sans batteries) are usually perfectly functional.

I bought the computer that you recommended and the MTSX software works perfect! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.