RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Multi-State Communications Networks

Multi-State Communications Networks - The purpose of this forum is for discussion of trunked or conventional communications networks that span more than one state. They are local government or commercial in nature. For Federal or Military use the appropriate Topic Specific forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 8:56 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It has been pointed out [in another thread] that certain data for this system was added to the DB [by me] based upon the network map broadcast periodically by the system. It was claimed because of the minimal additions made back when the network map was obtained, the TriConnex system in the DB is now "trashed". I disagree wholeheartedly. I monitor many sites on the system regularly.

Joe: ll of those Triconnex sites over in your territory [and there are a lot of them], and I didn't see any huge contribution from you. In fact, I saw very little in the way of contributions from you. Most of the Triconnex site information that existed came from me, prior to the network map. I sure could have used some help, but [with the exception of a few] the WPA crowd appears to be tightlipped about anything they find. That leaves somebody else to do the dirty work.

I purposefully put sites from the network map [that weren't listed in the DB] into the Wiki, until such point that people confirmed those sites active.

I absolutely get that you're annoyed by any additional LCNs added to an existing site based solely upon the network map. If you wish to point out any that were added in that fashion, I'd be glad to remove them.

There are two sides to this:

1. If all [active] LCNs are not listed in the DB, one cannot properly scan the site.

And of course if nobody submits that information, those sites without all of their associated active LCNs are nearly useless for monitoring.

2. If all LCNs from the network map are added, everyone can properly scan the sites

... with the exception that scanners that do not trunk based upon monitoring the control channel have to poll every LCN -- and in that case a nonactive [but listed] LCN might be causing their scanner to hang up if there is traffic on that particular frequency from another location.

I really think # 2 is a rarity when scanning this sytem. Like I said, I get it. But one really has to weigh the pros and cons of adding the network map data.

All somebody has to do is tell us that particular LCNs aren't active and I'll gladly remove them. It's much easier to note what LCNs are in use, either in a scanner or DSDPlus, and then let us know if one or more is not in use versus running DSDPlus and attempting to track down LCNs that one knows are active but aren't listed in the DB.

With all of that said, I'll go through the sites I can reach, when I can, and remove inactive LCNs from the database. If somebody else runs DSDPlus on a site and notes that particular LCNs are absolutely not in use, let us know and we'll remove them. And from this point forward, I'll make sure that any future network map data is not used to add LCNs that haven't actually been confirmed active.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2017, 6:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Fallowfield,

Anyone know the correct Control Channel? Maybe someone would be able to correct in the Data Base.

Thanks
Brian

BCD996P2,BCD996T,BCT15
Old 07-15-2017, 9:55 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundeesport412 View Post
Fallowfield,

Anyone know the correct Control Channel? Maybe someone would be able to correct in the Data Base.

Thanks
Brian
The database isn't technically wrong. Obviously only one is frequency is a control channel at a time, but both are designated as potential control channels -- and they do switch from time to time.

If you're wanting to monitor with SDR software or DSDPlus, simply tune to both of the frequencies and determine by ear which one is the CC. It's easy to do.

If you are wanting to program a scanner, it's irrelevant what CCs are listed in the DB or how they are listed. The only thing matters with scanners is the LCN order (which is correct) and that you have all active LCNs programmed in.

If you want to make it so one of those CCs is red and one is blue, then you're going to have to find out what hte active CC is and let us know and we'll mark the other one as an alternate. But, as mentioned above, it's irrelevant. The way it's listed in the DB in no way affects the scanning/operation of a DMR capable scanner that is programmed correctly.

mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:05 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cherry Hill Twp / Indiana (Indiana) is back online again (if it was ever offline).
461.6000 cc
145-15
DCC:12
NL: 4 6 9 10 18

Old 07-31-2018, 5:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hello, I'm curious of this system. As typical, I'm several dollars short and years late. Been letting my 436 scan the full TRI connex Connect Plus database for several days and not a peep. I'm just over the Pittsburgh line in Crafton.

Just lost interest in things over the past few years due to divorce and trying to start over. No doubt much has changed!

Thanks
Old 07-31-2018, 6:34 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Mine was working today. Maybe you have some setting issues or need a firmware update.
Do you have the DMR upgrade? What firmare version do yu have?

BCD996P2,BCD996T,BCT15

Last edited by hundeesport412; 07-31-2018 at 6:48 PM..