OneVoice MotoTRBO Connect Plus Net 171

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

There are some assumptions about this system that appear to be hard-coded into the relevant Wiki and cannot be edited around.

Here are some updates and corrections:

This network covers a larger area than the map shows. Repeater Network, LLC, also holds several licenses for sites that are part of this system and the coverage extends into the lower Adirondacks. (see WQMX625 through 628)

Site locations are difficult to determine because, at least in the case of Repeater Network, LLC, these are Part 22 spectrum licenses with blocks of frequencies and market areas, rather than discrete channels and transmitter sites.

I could not figure out how to add color codes anywhere without creating new tables for each site.

Site 25 (unknown) Color Code: 4 on Control Channel: 454.43125 MHz
Site 41 (Austerlitz) Color Code: 5 on Control Channel: 454.16875 MHz

Neighbor information would also be useful for closing up the knowledge gaps.

Site 25 neighbors: 22, 23, 41
Site 41 neighbors: 20, 22, 23, 25, 40

My best guess for Site 25 at the moment would be Pinnacle or Helderburg Mountain.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I took a drive today through the Rt 22 corridor from Lebanon to Millerton. I got several OneVoice sites along the way and I will summerize it below:
(no color codes, CC= control channel; more channels may be active, only noted those shown)

Site 14 CC is Ch 9, 452.3375, Chs 3, 9, 13 active; Neighbors: 16, 21, 22, 24, 46

Site 22 CC is Ch 19, 464.7625, Chs 11, 17, 19, 25 active; Neighbors: 14, 23, 24, 25, 46
Based on FCC data, this site may be Port Ewen, Ulster Cty, NY

Site 23 CC is Ch 1, 463.8250, Chs 1, 5 active; Neighbors:22, 24, 25

Site 24 CC is Ch 2, 452.2750, no activity (late in the day); Neighbors: 14, 22, 23, 26, 46

Site 25 CC is Ch 29, 454.43125, Chs 1, 29 active; Neighbors: 22, 23, 41
Based on monitoring and FCC data, I believe this site is in (or nearby) Austerlitz

Site 40 CC is Ch 5, 452.0125; Chs 1, 5, 7, 13 active; Neighbors: none noted (odd)
based on monitoring and FCC data, I believe this is Ellenville, Ulster Cty, NY

Site 41 CC is Ch 1, 454.16875; Ch 1 only active ch seen; Neighbors: 20, 22, 23, 25, 40
heard along Rt 22 but not strong

Site 43 CC is Ch 7, 453.0125; Ch 1 only active ch seen; Neighbors: 44, 45
based on FCC data, site may be in Stamford, Deleware Cty, NY

Site 46 CC is Ch 7, 454.0000; Ch 1, 3, 7 active; Neighbors: 14, 15, 16, 22, 24
based on FCC data, site may be in Highland, Ulster Cty, NY

chris

D

DaveNF2G

I took a drive today through the Rt 22 corridor from Lebanon to Millerton. I got several OneVoice sites along the way and I will summerize it below:
(no color codes, CC= control channel; more channels may be active, only noted those shown)

Good info, but how did you get the "control channel" and "active channels" information?

I'm using DSDPlus and it gives me color codes.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

In 2013 I picked up the Sag Harbor site when skip was active
453.0125 CC3 Connect Plus Network 171 Site 9 Neighbor: 3

I wonder if Network 171 also extends northeast into RI and Southern MA.

In April of 2014 I picked up the following:
472.4625 CC1 Connect Plus Network 171 Site 61 Neighbors: 2 and 3.
Candidates are Paxton, MA or Abington, MA area

483.7875 CC1 Connect Plus Network 171 Site 63 Neighbors: 1 and 2.
Candidates are Fall River, MA area

I can usually hear Site 61 and 63. They did not seem to be active last year, but I can give a listen and update in the next week or so.

73 Eric

cg

Premium Subscriber
I scanned the business bands with a regular scanner and tuned DSDPlus when I heard MotoTrbo traffic. I just sit on it and listen for it to drop. If it dropps, it is a VC. If it stays constant, it is a CC. Also, I noted that VCs do not seem to list neighbors where the CCs obviously do.

Where I was running into problems was hitting a NYComCo CC after tuning to a OneVoice CC. Sometimes the SysID would not change but the neighbors would. After a few seconds or so, it would show the correct data.

The color code data was there, I don't bother noting it as it is not needed for any DSDPlus function.

Eric, I suspect that is a separate system. The neighbors should have listed the Sag Harbor site 9 as a neighbor to anything in SE MA or RI area as OneVoice sites 1 & 2 are well West of that.

chris

D

DaveNF2G

I think Color Codes should be listed if the system uses them, regardless of the needs of hobbyist software.

EDIT: I forgot to ask before... How are you getting channel numbers? I'm thinking there is something I'm missing or inadvertantly ignoring on my readout, but I don't seem to see channel numbers here.

cg

Premium Subscriber
When they talk, the active channel will show in the DSDPlus Channel Activity window under the Ch column.

If each site uses a different color code (as much as possible), it would help pick which site to tentatively assign a frequency to (although it would appear from recent changes that someone is gathering info from a codeplug).

Also, not every frequency listed at each site is used as the system seems to be setup to rotate through active repeaters at each site. The site I always listen to has had several "busy" complaints over the air since the school buses started running.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Eric, I suspect that is a separate system. The neighbors should have listed the Sag Harbor site 9 as a neighbor to anything in SE MA or RI area as OneVoice sites 1 & 2 are well West of that.

chris
Hello,

It maybe not part of the same system, or was still in the setup stage last year. It is interesting that the sites have the same network id and high site numbers. I want to check for activity on the sites. Sometimes I travel down in RI and southeastern MA and can search for new sites.

I noticed neighbor information on systems do not always list all the neighbors. Sometimes the fill-in sites point to the main sites, but the main sites do not point to a fill-in site.

I found a couple of sites on the edge of another system's coverage in NH that listed only a couple of main sites in northeast MA as neighbors and did not list closer sites in NH.

73 Eric

D

DaveNF2G

OK, thanks for the pointers and additional info. The two sites I can hear so far are not very active. In fact, I've only seen CC traffic when monitoring. I'll have to give them some more time and see what else fills in.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was sent an email regarding the SE Massachusetts/Rhode Island system. It is still active but no voice logged. This was logged from SE CT but was when the reception was very good.

171-61 DCC:1
472.77500 CC

NL: 171-63
NL: 171-64

Still unable to determine if it is part of the OneVoice system or not.

chris

D

DaveNF2G

I see that Site 25 has been changed to Austerlitz in the DB, and Site 40 (or was it 41?) has been returned to an unknown location. This actually makes some of the neighboring site data that I've been seeing make more sense.

Maybe the old "Austerlitz" site is at Pinnacle/Helderburg. I will try to keep analyzing, but those are the only two sites I have been able to receive so far.

Septa3371CSX1

There is one site for this system in my area (Site 30) that I can monitor. So far the times I've been able to check it out with DSD+ it has been quiet.

Site 171-29
Site 171-30 (Waterford) CC=2
Site 171-31
Site 171-33
Site 171-34
Site 171-35

Note sites 29, 31, 33, 34, and 35 are all neighbouring sites to #30. I also see in the database a Site 28 in Philadelphia on 454 frequencies. So far I have not picked up anything in that range for this system and seeing as Site 30 isn't showing it as a neighbour I'd guess to say it doesn't exist.

cg

Premium Subscriber
My scanners will not reliably catch a MotoTrbo control channel in search mode, even when set at 6.25 KHz step. You may need to scroll through manually
I saw the signals with the SDR spectrup screen and tuned to that.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
The Eastern MA sites are part of the OneVoice Network with AllCom being the partner. I don't know if they are active yet or if they can handle network traffic from the other partners yet.

chris

D

DaveNF2G

I submitted the following update to the DB:

OneVoice Site 41 is Pinnacle, Albany County

Per RRDB policy, this was overridden with "New Scotland". The site name is, in fact, Pinnacle, as it is known by radio users, the shops who have towers there, local hams, etc. The attachments to Repeater Network, LLC's license for their part of the OneVoice system also refer to Pinnacle by that name.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
what do I expect to hear on this system? I can program my new dmr radio to each voice channel in Hartford. Who uses this system? Can anyone shed light on this?

Alec

I submitted the following update to the DB:

OneVoice Site 41 is Pinnacle, Albany County

Per RRDB policy, this was overridden with "New Scotland". The site name is, in fact, Pinnacle, as it is known by radio users, the shops who have towers there, local hams, etc. The attachments to Repeater Network, LLC's license for their part of the OneVoice system also refer to Pinnacle by that name.

Septa3371CSX1

what do I expect to hear on this system? I can program my new dmr radio to each voice channel in Hartford. Who uses this system? Can anyone shed light on this?

Alec

Not sure if you can program Connect Plus systems into DMR radios without being a system admin.

As far as who uses this system, it is a business band SMR system. Possible users in your area range from private EMS to taxis to shuttle vans to just about any business that uses 2 way radios with a need for wide area coverage.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you can program Connect Plus systems into DMR radios without being a system admin.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a good way, at least with Moto subscribers, to set them up to monitor ConPlus without affiliating to the system. Even that won't work unless that particular radio has been authorized with a valid radio ID in the system infrastructure.

D

DaveNF2G

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a good way, at least with Moto subscribers, to set them up to monitor ConPlus without affiliating to the system. Even that won't work unless that particular radio has been authorized with a valid radio ID in the system infrastructure.

Another good reason to avoid Motorola for DMR. Other brands allow CON+ programming without affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.