Army Corps of Engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Army Corps

The U.S.Army of Corp of Engineers for this area have gone to satellite communications. Used to be on 163 MHz, but that has been over 5 years ago now. Would be cool to listen in while flooding efforts are in effect, but not unless you have access to sat codes.

SCPD

QRT
Listen to 453.725 I have heard National Guard Helicopter operations on this frequency before.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Might even try RACOM. Since they knew this was coming, they might have got some short term leased radios from RACOM since it would cover the whole NE/IA border.

Tim K.

SCPD

QRT
Might even try RACOM. Since they knew this was coming, they might have got some short term leased radios from RACOM since it would cover the whole NE/IA border.

Tim K.
I would say that would be mainly for the IA side.

Maybe.. If something really happens (ex. levy break) def listen to ORION's metro, the proper county event channels and fire block channels.

Also search VHF low and high band, UHF mil air and listen to the UHF freq I listed before for national guard ops on Neb side don't know about Iowa side for national guard. Even maybe listen to N-WIN see if NEMA pops up.

On the Iowa side def listen to 155.475 (IA Mutual Aid), 155.370 (Point2Point), LEAs, 154.280 (statewide fire) and 155.340 (Reginal EMS). All are patched into ORION by Pot county and could be pated to Metro channels. All Pott county radios have the above channels in their radios.

Of course listen to local EMA and fire channels. They may have given the Corp a couple of radio from their radio cache.

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
I have four Motorola Motrac U73MHT3190 drawers that I bought
at a COE auction at their Omaha office on Pershing Drive in 1989.
I don't know if the frequencies are still in service, but the transmit
and receive channel elements are: 163.4125 and 163.4375 mHz.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Last edited:

workamper

Info for you

I have four Motorola Motrac U73MHT3190 drawers that I bought
at a COE auction at their Omaha office on Pershing Drive in 1989.
I don't know if the frequencies are still in service, but the transmit
and receive channel elements are: 163.4125 and 163.4375 mHz.

I know those two frequencies are both still in use by Omaha District, as that's what's being used here at the Garrison Dam project., in North Dakota ...............

I think both Frequencies are also used by the Wilmington NC district...................

autovon

Ø
I heard USACE related traffic today (near Omaha) on 163.415 which was programmed in my scanner. Which probably means they were on .4125

Status
Not open for further replies.