Hastings Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsThisOneTaken

Premium Subscriber
Very little radio traffic there anymore. Did they switch frequencies or go digital, or???

Redneck0410

I just listened to the feed for Hastings, the audio volume is VERY low and I have my speakers maxed out trying to listen to it. It is still active. Have submitted problem report to feed provider to try and get the problem fixed.

IsThisOneTaken

Premium Subscriber
Was listening in person while traveling through. Freqs correct. Found out they have apparently switched to dispatching via CAD to the officers' iPads. Cut the radio traffic way down, but they are still using the radios.

Redneck0410

It will cut way down on people dippin' out on a crime before they show up too. Where I'm at, they dispatch some calls like drug activity and the like via MDT or have the officers call in on cell. Madison County SO on the other hand (Stanton SO does this too) will dispatch some stuff via pager (yeah, those things still exist).

SquierStrat

Yes, but why the high "Listener Numbers"??? I will see as high as 35 listers at one time.

Hello, and welcome to RadioReference! My guess would be because that feed covers more then just that 1 department (hastings pd). From what i see, that feed broadcasts 9 "channels" and the hastings PD is only 2 of those 9..

Redneck0410

Yes, but why the high "Listener Numbers"??? I will see as high as 35 listers at one time.

I downloaded RadioFeed RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki and I keep track of my peak listeners there. It has a button on the program itself (in case you suspect high listener numbers as a fluke) where you can reset the peak listeners to make sure it is legit. I also keep my feed bookmarked on my browser so I have one-touch access to it at all times to coincide the listeners it sees with what RadioFeed sees.

HTH,

Shawn

SCPD

QRT
yes...they are digital now. I am not home to look up their new frequency. Is this in Westchester County, NY? if not..then I have no idea, buddy.

Bob

stormchase001

Greetings 2 U Mr. RedNeck... R U the feed provider for Hastings? If so then, Thank You Very Much. Yes I used to live at 410 Briggs St. in Hastings (and I Love Kool Aid). I now live in Boulder CO. and to tell you that Hastings NE. has more listeners on an average night than all of Boulder (by around 20) tells you just how exciting Boulder is. Also, if you ARE the provider, Do you know anyone in G.I. that would be interested in setting up a feed from there? I will gladly donate a modified Bearcat 200 to anyone interested. And Thank You for your rapid response too...PEACE

stormchase001

Thank You for your response Mr. SquierStrat , I cant see that Hastings EMS & Fire would really command all that much attention on a Saturday night, but even so, I dont even hear THEM anymore... I was just wondering if I was the only sole in all of our planet that was not getting it. Hmmm. This is such a shame. I love Hastings and this kinda put me back home away from home. Thank You so much again 4 ur response...PEACE.

Redneck0410

Greetings 2 U Mr. RedNeck... R U the feed provider for Hastings? If so then, Thank You Very Much. Yes I used to live at 410 Briggs St. in Hastings (and I Love Kool Aid). I now live in Boulder CO. and to tell you that Hastings NE. has more listeners on an average night than all of Boulder (by around 20) tells you just how exciting Boulder is. Also, if you ARE the provider, Do you know anyone in G.I. that would be interested in setting up a feed from there? I will gladly donate a modified Bearcat 200 to anyone interested. And Thank You for your rapid response too...PEACE

To answer your question, I do not provide the feed for Hastings. Like you, I also am a former resident of Hastings. Hall County has a live feed going, Central Nebraska Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed is the link to it. I provide the feed for Norfolk, Nebraska, and let me tell ya, this can get to be quite the busy little town as well. Aside from Hall County, the feed also provides law enforcement traffic for several counties surrounding Grand Island (Feed is called "Central Nebraska Public Safety"). Hope this assists you.

-Shawn

stormchase001

Thank you again for the info. and yes, I am aware of the Central NE. feed but unfortunately it seems to be just like the Highway Patrol or the state police and not "intown" type like I enjoyed with Hastings. It's still interesting enough but i would sure like to know what all is happenin' at the Conestoga Mall. Thanks again to you, Peace.

stormchase001

I know this is a Hastings blog but i wish to ask a question if anyone knows anyone in G.I that is interested in doing a feed for that own (i used to live there too.) like a ham op or radio enthusiast, etc. could you PLEASE hook us up and we'll see if we cant all be listening to something new from the Heartland. PEACE

themarcshow

To answer a few questions.

1. I am the feed provider. A windows soundcard was giving me hell for a few weeks. It would auto adjust volume and switch between mic and line inputs randomly. I have a new soundcard for the computer and it's working just fine now.

2. The radio channels are still plain old analog. No known plans to convert to a digital system or try to get on NWIN. The Hastings Police dept is now using a lot more CAD than they ever did. See below for the reason why!

3. About a month ago some @$$ thought it would be a grand idea to put every possible detail of what was on the police/fire radios on Facebook and Twitter. The 'Hastings Scanner' page quickly grew to 6,000 people.
And as often happens on Facebook, the discussion devolved quickly. It went quickly from just calls being dispatched posts to commentary from FB users about the failures of police officers and news stations and lack of control in the town. Also adding to the mess was the poster was adding details and commentary to the posts. Many posts for medical calls also included 'Last known resident' info obtained from sources other than the scanner. Also the posts were containing info about what Mr. Whoever was being taken to the hospital for and that 'Mrs. Whoever was apparently drunk because she's being taken to the Sheriff's office'. Also personal criticism was being directed at individual officers.

A week or so ago that 'Hastings Scanner' page was shut down. Don't know if by FB or Twitter for legal reasons or if the person decided to stop the madness. (Personally I would assume that it was legal reasons for being too close to slander or libel.

Since then a 'Hastings Scanner 2.0' and 'Hastings Scanner 3.0' have popped up on Facebook to try to replicate the fun.

The Police Dept at the time didn't know who was behind the page but apparently it rattled them into securing their communications and dispatch just a little bit more.

SquierStrat

Damn!! I tried starting a facebook page when i had the fremont police and fire feed, but only maxed out at something like 160 likes, and like 2 comments total on the entire page. But i didnt post anything on it. I checked out those 2 pages you mentioned and wow, this person apparently has A LOT of free time! lol.

A CLASSIC example of how the live feeds are hurting the hobby. (officers now using CADs more)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.