NSP tgid ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

33kracing

hey all... just upgraded to a uniden bcd996xt scanner and have the updated software which decodes the unit id's. cool function, the motorola ht1550xls and cdm1250 i own do the same thing on mdc-1200, but my question is: anyone out there that has a scanner decode the unit id's, does your id's look something on the lines of UID: i00413??? but more importantly the "i" in the beginning, or is it just me (((all jokes aside))) thnks! kent

SquierStrat

Yes my 396xt does the same. The I in front signifies that its a radio id your looking at, and not the talkgroup number (i THINK)

33kracing

ok thanks guys for the replys... so im not the only one who spotted that. good news. also i have to stick my foot in my mouth when i talked down the audio quality of P25... but then i realized it was the crappy audio of a cheap, chinese radioshack scanner. it sounds much better on a uniden, hands down... bring on project 25 hahah

SquierStrat

Meh, wait til you visit douglas county. My psr 500 runs circles around the uniden on the ORION. For me, they both handle the NWIN identically. (which is amazingly)

Status
Not open for further replies.