Nebraska lowband - revisiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
With the advent or SRS and other stuff - what is left in Nebraska that is actively used on lowband?

Nebraska Emergency Management Agency Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Are these still in service and is there a PL tones associated with them?

What about:
39.82000 KB61491 BM StatewideMed Statewide Medical Net FM EMS-Talk
39.90000 KA75955 BM State law Statewide Law Enforcement Net FM Interop
39.98000 KB26432 BM Fire Net Statewide Fire Net FM Interop
39.66000 KNDG371 M Fire Marshal State Fire Marshal

Any others?

Would like to update the database and wouldn't mind loading stuff into my lowband receiver for the summer tropo conditions as well.

I know there are a few county listings that look dated. Any help would be great.

wbswetnam

When I was a teenager living in South Sioux City in the early 1980s, I remember listening to these frequencies, they were quite busy. However, I suspect that they are now as silent as the 37 MHz frequencies that Arkansas (where I live now) once used. The only VHF lowband used in Arkansas now is the state park system on 45 MHz, all other state govt is on the AWIN system.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
A few counties still page on 39.9 and 39.98 other than that I haven't heard anything on low band in 3 years. Also some rural fire depts still have low band in their trucks, don't know if they actually use it or not.

39.82 is or has been phased out for VMED28 155.340 and UHF med channels. Also some hospitals in troop d and e regions might start using the SRS along with VMED28 and the UHF med channels.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Heard Saunders County doing their nightly pager test on 39.98 the other night. I believe I heard Boone county doing pager test on 39.9 and 39.98

autovon

Ø
It has been a few years since I listened, but a towing company KEP733 was using 35.98 in Omaha.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
It has been a few years since I listened, but a towing company KEP733 was using 35.98 in Omaha.

There was a towing company on 35.98 in southern California that I would hear during skip season during the sunspot seasons. There was one here on the same frequency in Eastern Iowa I could hear the trucks but the base. They have since gone to ptt cellfones.

Status
Not open for further replies.