Rookie ? programming NWINS on BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsThisOneTaken

Premium Subscriber
I've imported all the Statewide Radio System using FreeScan.

I can see all the sites and groups listed under the MOT2 list.

I want to be able to scan the SRS as I drive up and down I-80. Do I need to add every single site that I will go by geographically? Each MP25 town/site appears to have the same frequencies, but I did it once with all site enabled in a quick key, and it takes forever to scan through all the sites, and I seemed to miss a lot of traffic.

I'm testing it locally with the local site and one from across the state in a quick key, and it seems to only pick up the local site, even though the other site has the exact same frequencies. Is it that specific on being able to scan a specific site?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Your best option is to connect a GPS to your scanner, and let it toggle sites on and off. You will miss less traffic because the scanner only scans sites within reception range.

IsThisOneTaken

Premium Subscriber
That's a neat idea. Any recommendations on an antenna? A quick Google search brings a lot of products without a lot of context and a very wide range of prices from $17 to over $200. :/

Then I assume FreeScan can be used to program that option somehow?

IsThisOneTaken

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info! I will look into that! Where is the page with your option?

This stuff is almost getting way to complicated for me (and I'm only in my 40's). My first scanner as a kid used crystals... :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.