NDOT Dist 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! After being away for some time, I have returned!

The blizzard conditions up here in Northeast Nebraska has brought up a couple new NDOT District 3 talkgroups. My best guesses are:

60453-NDOT Dist 3-South Sioux City, lots of chatter about treating the interstate, probably I-129 and plows working Winnebago/Homer areas.

60457-NDOT Dist 3-Norfolk?, plows working Wayne/Hoskins areas, talk of poor visibility.

I see there is another TG 60439 Listed for Norfolk also, haven't heard anything at all there.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
The last blizzard in January I heard south Sioux city using 60439. They were talking about areas in Dakota, Thurston and Dixson counties.

elephant

Hello! After being away for some time, I have returned!

The blizzard conditions up here in Northeast Nebraska has brought up a couple new NDOT District 3 talkgroups. My best guesses are:

60453-NDOT Dist 3-South Sioux City, lots of chatter about treating the interstate, probably I-129 and plows working Winnebago/Homer areas.

60457-NDOT Dist 3-Norfolk?, plows working Wayne/Hoskins areas, talk of poor visibility.

I see there is another TG 60439 Listed for Norfolk also, haven't heard anything at all there.

Welcome back, Irv.
I was watching the live feed from out by the Sunset Plaza. Watching the snow blow across the bypass brought back a lot of memories. So glad I don't have to deal with that stuff. I'll take the mid 70's here in Phoenix any day. Judging from the strength of that last storm, it could have been a whole lot worse for you guys. You lucked out. Now, it's time to warm up. Tornado season is just around the corner!

More NDOT Dist 3??

This morning, I logged 3 more Dist 3 Talkgroups. I am fairly confident at least 2 of these, 60450 & 60443 belong to the Norfolk based plows, road crews, judging on the conversations heard. 60452 is the oddball. I will submit this information.

60450-Conversation with 2 plows, one driver asking about 275 west of town and was clear, another driver was at the roundabout near Dinkel's (Implement dealer here in Norfolk) and looked good.

60452-More snow removal comms, Plows were near Hwy 81 and SH 91, asking about adding more sand and salt. This TG -may- belong to the Columbus based plows.

60443-Chatter about HWY 275 conditions between West Point and Wisner.

I pass the NDOT Dist 3 shops on a regular basis and noted most of the VHF-Lo antennas on NDOT vehicles are gone.

Columbus Shop TG 60441

Funny how things just fall into place!

TG 60441-Confirmed, NDOT Columbus Shop.

NDOT worker calling for another employee, then said does anybody around Columbus Shop have their radio on??!! He got a reply from somebody working near the de-icer tanks.

Info has been submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.