LE went digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPaEd

In recent months, Columbus NE Police Dept. and Platte County NE changed from conventional to digital. Both of my scanners (Radio Shack Pro 197 and Home Patrol II) should be capable of listening to their traffic, however I can't find the new "frequencies". Can anyone provide any insight? Thank you!

mule1075

Feed Provider
In recent months, Columbus NE Police Dept. and Platte County NE changed from conventional to digital. Both of my scanners (Radio Shack Pro 197 and Home Patrol II) should be capable of listening to their traffic, however I can't find the new "frequencies". Can anyone provide any insight? Thank you!
The sheriff has a talkgroup on this system.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6699

And Columbus appears to be p25 conventional here.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1721

wbswetnam

Make sure that you have the latest version of Sentinel for your HP2, and that you have the latest database updates.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Columbus PD uses the same frequencies just switched from analog to digital.

Platte co sheriff switch to the statewide system. You'll have to program the closer towers to columbus to hear them. That would be Osceola and Humphrey towers. If you already listen to NSP all you need to do is add talk group 51000. I would suggest putting your scanners in search or open mode for the statewide system to see if Platte county has any other talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.