Big Bang in Omaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Observer

I heard that and my first thought was sonic boom, but then I convinced my self that it was highly unlikley in this area. I was wrong I guess.

obijohn

Mr_Observer said:
I heard that and my first thought was sonic boom, but then I convinced my self that it was highly unlikley in this area. I was wrong I guess.

The last time I was subjected to a "sonic boom" was at Edwards Air Force Base in southern California. They were doing the final acceptance testing of the FA-18 at the time.

I was standing in the museum of flight at the time it occured, and there were several Japanese tourists there. The building was steel skin/steel framed. It literally shook!

The Japanese tourists were screaming and looking for an exit. They thought it was an earthquake. I felt really sorry for them.

It is ironic that at the time, I was looking at an exhibit of a F-16 2 seat trainer. Anecdotal evidence would suggest that this "sonic event" was caused by a descending F-16.

(edited for grammar)

Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
Mr_Observer said:
Amazing that you can hear it from 45,000 feet up...

Status
Not open for further replies.