400 Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislv

Does anybody have an accurate up to date list of Metro's 400 codes?

All of the lists I've come across either conflict, or have a lot of the codes missing. The best list I've found so far is at LVMPD 400 Codes and Definitions for Academy

I'm also trying to figure out what units are what. I've come to realize that the normal patrol units use the call-sign prefix for their zone, such as Paul 2, Robert 2, Ocean 2, etc... ( I live in the South West) I've also heard DB (maybe DP) units, PT's, DUI (thats a given), etc... Can someone please elaborate?

Thanks in advance...

737mech

Premium Subscriber
LV 400/Metro

Does anybody have an accurate up to date list of Metro's 400 codes?

All of the lists I've come across either conflict, or have a lot of the codes missing. The best list I've found so far is at LVMPD 400 Codes and Definitions for Academy

I'm also trying to figure out what units are what. I've come to realize that the normal patrol units use the call-sign prefix for their zone, such as Paul 2, Robert 2, Ocean 2, etc... ( I live in the South West) I've also heard DB (maybe DP) units, PT's, DUI (thats a given), etc... Can someone please elaborate?

Thanks in advance...
Dennis do you have the "Southern Nevada Scanner Book?" They sell them at AES on Polaris near Tropicana. Two blocks north on the right. There is a ton of info in that book about codes and area commands. I searched all over the place too, none better than the book IMHO. Actually they are over due to print a new issue. Probably because not much has changed?? I don't know?
There are a few sights to try Freq Of Nature or Radio Information Page scroll down for nevada.

dennislv

Thanks...

Does anyone have the freq for React-2?

I hear them asking units to goto it when something big happens.

Thanks...

mdickerson17

DP-Directed Patrol, PT-Prisoner Transport, AT-Auto Theft, PS-Patrol Service Responce, CD-Cadet, MC-Major Crimes, ST-Saturation Team, GC-Gang Crimes. Those are the ones you'll hear most! If you want to know about any others just ask! And for the 400 codes go to this website and download the pdf, Protect the City - Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Recruitment Web Site Thats the actual metro website!

dennislv

That list is not complete. One that I just heard was a 401M (some kind of accident) thats not on that list.

What is a Zebra (Z) unit?

mdickerson17

He was probably clearing off the 401! m-(Mary) is a disposition meaning he gave a warning (read the Incident dispositions in the pdf I told you to download), a zebra unit is swat, and the saturation team doesn't handle calls for service they just "saturate" high crime areas and look for anything suspicious!

crazynova

That list is not complete. One that I just heard was a 401M (some kind of accident) thats not on that list.

What is a Zebra (Z) unit?

401M is new. It means an accident where the parties have been directed to move out of the roadway. A Zebra unit is a SWAT unit. Nora Zebra, or NZ is a SWAT negotiator.

The only other code that is ever used that isn't on the list is 416F, which is illegal fireworks. Commonly you'll hear 434s closed out as 416Fs this time of the year.

Last edited:

crazynova

What exactly is a Saturation Team's function?

They are pretty much the same as directed patrol units. They move around into the high crime areas and essentially stop everyone for everything. If they encounter someone who has a good record or up to no good, they arrest them for whatever they can. Their job is to essentially harass the criminals into leaving the area.

dennislv

Crazynova, Thanks again... I greatly appreciate you clarifying these things for me.

Looking over that list, they all seem straight forward. The only questionable one is

407B ROBBERY INVOLVING A B-PACK

What exactly is a 'B-PACK'? Come to think of it, I heard a bank robbery and the dispatcher stated they didn't take a B-PACK.

So, the $1,000,000 question is, what is a B-PACK?

dennislv

Crazynova, one other thing if you don't mind please...

Unit numbers... I understand the first digit is the shift, then the beat, then typically the area. Not all of them follow that logic. For instance, 3P33 (extra digit), 1O (missing a digit), etc...

Thanks again...

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
A B-Pack is a very small transmitter which is usually placed in a stack of money contained in a cash drawer at a bank. If the stack of money is removed from the drawer it automatically activates a low power transmitter which can be received via a series of towers that the LVMPD has in the valley. Many Metro vehicles, some FBI vehicles, and some others are equipped with receivers which will point the officers in the proper direction of the signal. Portable units are available to use within buildings as well. Numerous bank robbers have been caught as the result of this program. One of the first many years ago was a post office delivery person who held up one bank during his lunch break and unsuccessfully attempted a second robbery. With the aid of the tracking device he was followed right into the parking lot of the branch office that he worked out of. It works.

crazynova

Crazynova, one other thing if you don't mind please...

Unit numbers... I understand the first digit is the shift, then the beat, then typically the area. Not all of them follow that logic. For instance, 3P33 (extra digit), 1O (missing a digit), etc...

Thanks again...

To be honest, there isn't too much rhyme or reason to call signs or where officers take calls. The only general rule is along the lines of Ocean units take calls in Ocean area, but even then if there is a unit available from Sam and there is a call in Ocean, they get assigned. If the first number is anything other than a 1, 2, or 3, the unit isn't taking calls for service.

Status
Not open for further replies.