Vegas SNACC System Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas_Eric

From what I have gathered talking to different people in the Las Vegas area it sounds like there have been some changes (I don't know to what extent) to the SNACC system.

I have to listen to the Fire Department transmissions regularly for my job and have been missing out on lots of traffic compared to what I have been receiving just a month or so ago. I have also noticed that the signals seem to be much weaker comparing them to the old audio recordings that I have..

Yesterday I was talking to the folks down at AES because I thought there might be something wrong with my scanner and they told me that they have been getting quite a few calls about this themselves but haven't heard about any changes either. I compared my scanner to one they had in stock and they performed the same.

One thing the guys there noticed and explained to me was that since they are so close to the Rio Hotel (only a few blocks away), they use to be able to pic up the control channel and also traffic without the antenna on any of their trunking scanners while listening to the SNACC system. Well they have not been able to do that anymore for a while now. They don't know if the main repeater site is still at the Rio or not, or that maybe they just decreased the amount of power output.

Does anyone else on this group have any idea what is happening? What if any changes have been made to the system?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dins871

We use SNACC at work and we had our radios re-imaged a few months (or so) ago. Might this have something to do with it?

3mary2

Snacc

By re-image do you mean re-figured to fit the the rebanding table. I have all the control channels listed in the database loaded with the trunking table listed and don't seem to miss any of the action. I just put the various talkgroups in. I presently don't have any problems with CCFD, City FD, NLV PD/FD or Henderson.

Dick33

They have been making changes and upgrades if look back at some of my older posts I beleave I may have mentioned some of the changes. If you have stayed on top of the system from day one you can see where they have been and where they are going and it's getting bigger and better!

Dins871

I really have no idea what the control freqs are and I don't know what rebanding is. Just wanted to pass it along in case there was someone else who could help you. As I see it, it's just a little piece of the puzzle.
Good luck!
BD

Dick33

The SNACC system has many sites and new ones coming online as these new sites come up system traffic will be spread out accross the whole system. I assume that most people just tune into the main site only that is why things may sound slow. What is needed is a high end scanner that will roam multiple sites. There is over 24 control channels.

Last edited:

3mary2

Snacc

According to the database there are only 15 control channels and one is used at two different sites, so actually you only have fourteen control channels. I have the PSR500 with the Win500 program for programming and also have the rebanding table program set up for my scanner and have no trouble listening to any of the talkgroups listed. Where did you obtain the 24 control channels? Since you don;t receive private email I was unable to send you any info.

Doug

Dick33

Did'nt know about my e-mail setting will take care of that. I just posted some info for others to understand the SNACC system and help them a bit. I have no problems listening. There are that many contol channels in the system, the FCC data base is slow updating. I am not free to discuss everything but just help here and there and make sure to give SNACC a fair voice. (sorry only had contacts and mods for prvt e-mail all better now Thanks 3mary2)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.