Mystery Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdickerson17

After looking around in other forums I found threads dedicated to mystery freq's so I thought it would be nice to have one thats specific to Nevada so others here can help in identifying.

After scanning freq's all day I found one that wasn't listed in the FCC DB, 481.6625 sounds like EMS but if anyone has any info as to which company it is please let me know so I can give the proper alpha tag.

Also I found what might be new? SNACC CC's, 854.1125, 854.2125, 856.0875, 856.1625 Ive heard police, ems and fire on them along with other random chatter.

All feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance.......

737mech

Premium Subscriber
freqs

After looking around in other forums I found threads dedicated to mystery freq's so I thought it would be nice to have one thats specific to Nevada so others here can help in identifying.

After scanning freq's all day I found one that wasn't listed in the FCC DB, 481.6625 sounds like EMS but if anyone has any info as to which company it is please let me know so I can give the proper alpha tag.

Also I found what might be new? SNACC CC's, 854.1125, 854.2125, 856.0875, 856.1625 Ive heard police, ems and fire on them along with other random chatter.

All feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance.......

Listened to these for a few hours today, 854.1125 856.0875 came up as LTR system freqs (Not SNACC). Results were HR01 1-01-134 HR02 1-02-126 and HR02 1-02-128. Sounded like hotel security or maintenance? Heading over to the fcc database to see what they are. Ok found this http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=2362193 probaby a 2 way company handling the radios for a hotel? Best guess with little research time.

Last edited:

mdickerson17

Thanks for the info, unfortunately my 246t is out of commission so I have to scan with my old pro-46 so cant get too much info on freq's from the scanner. I checked out the FCC DB and couldn't find any info for 481.6625 but for the others it looks like their small company's? Anyways thanks for the help and if you find anything for 481.6625 please let me know!

ecps92

Sounds like an image, as there are No Licenses for that freq in NV

IS T-Band even an Allocation in NV??? I don't think so
T Band Allocations in the US - Scan New England Wiki
unless there have been FCC rule changes :wink:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately my 246t is out of commission so I have to scan with my old pro-46 so cant get too much info on freq's from the scanner. I checked out the FCC DB and couldn't find any info for 481.6625 but for the others it looks like their small company's? Anyways thanks for the help and if you find anything for 481.6625 please let me know!

mdickerson17

Sounds like an image, as there are No Licenses for that freq in NV

IS T-Band even an Allocation in NV??? I don't think so
T Band Allocations in the US - Scan New England Wiki
unless there have been FCC rule changes :wink:

Sounds like I really may have found a mysterious one! Dont think its associated with TV though as all I hear are various calls being dispatched..... But thanks for the info on T-Band, never heard of that before....

ecps92

Not Really a mystery.

T-Band has nothing to do with TV, except it's using Frequencies that were taken away from TV Stations ONLY in a major metropolitan area.

What you are likely hearing is an Image.

With another Scanner, Search 450-465 Mhz and see if you hear the same traffic
Bet you will find the same user in the 460-465 Range
What CTCSS are you getting ?

Sounds like I really may have found a mysterious one! Dont think its associated with TV though as all I hear are various calls being dispatched..... But thanks for the info on T-Band, never heard of that before....

jcinnv

mystery frequencies

Looking at the link and checking the "admin" looks like it's registered to "Commerical Radio and Television" in LasVegas, part of " Frontier Radio" hope this helps, jc

mdickerson17

Not Really a mystery.

T-Band has nothing to do with TV, except it's using Frequencies that were taken away from TV Stations ONLY in a major metropolitan area.

What you are likely hearing is an Image.

Joking about the mystery part. Like I said before my 246t is out of commission so for now im using an old pro-46 and a really old pro-2001 so cant get the CTCSS but will search like you said! Let you know if I find it.

mdickerson17

I know its been a while but thought id let you know you were right, 481.6625 is really 460.0625 thanks for the info......

Status
Not open for further replies.