Central zone group 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Greeting,
under the title of bureau of land management, it advises...
Central zone group 8...
Can someone define what and or where group 8 actually covers?

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you are asking about. I assume you are asking about NV BLM, but what title, what database? I might be able to help, but I would like to know what you are looking at, to be able to give the right answer.

mrlthse

central nev interagency disp center

I am looking at the database supplied by radio reference under the "central nevada interagency dispatch center"
.... half way down it list central zone group 8 question is... what is the area of coverage of zone 8?

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
Central Nevada Dispatch

Central Nevada Dispatch ("CNIDC") dispatches BLM and USFS in the area encompassed by the BLM Battle Mountain and Winnemucca Districts. The best way to determine the approximate coverage area for "Zone 8" is to refer to the four site names, locate them on a map, and assume a minimum of 50 miles radius from each one. You can see the BLM districts from the BLM web page for Nevada. North zone extends to the NV/ID border, South Zone extends into Nye County and Eureka County.

mrlthse

nevada zone

Thank you for explain what the actually zone means,
that makes it easier for the highway 80 travel like myself.

gvranchosbill

Zone Idents Central Interagency Dispatch Center

If i can locate my Central Interagency Dispatch map i downloaded, it has the zones mapped out along with the xmtr sites,freqs and what agency (usfs/blm/usfws) but it might take time to find it.
gvranchosbill

FYI i submitted that info and it came from site with Maps for NDF,HTNF,BLM site info and zones.
Unfortunate i dont know where i got them from they were in PDF format.
I can hear Central on Star Mtn here in Gardnerville, tone is 103.5 ctcss.

Last edited:

spanner

Premium Subscriber
Central zone is the zone that encompasses Winnemucca, north to Paradise. Where the USFS repeaters take over.

West to Lovelock, where it falls off.

East to Battle Mountain.

Never knew the whole time I worked there that we had a "Wiki" page.

Have some more info, if I can find it.

Last I heard, Sonoma Mt. is up and running. That should help south and west of Winnemucca based on where I remember the tower being located.

Status sites:

http://gacc.nifc.gov/wgbc/dc/nvcnc/Documents/Winnemucca District Repeater Status.pdf

http://gacc.nifc.gov/wgbc/dc/nvcnc/Documents/Battle Mountain District Repeater Status.pdf

And the Central NV repeater map:

http://gacc.nifc.gov/wgbc/dc/nvcnc/Documents/CNIDC Radio Sites.pdf

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.