Las Vegas P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_Galvan

Hi Guys,
I'll be in Vegas for the super bowl. I was wanting to monitor any local P25 in Las Vegas but I find very little in the Database. Does anyone have any updates for P25 in Las Vegas?

Also, my scanner is an old (old) handheld from yesteryear. Any suggestions on a basic P25 handheld for beginners would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Rich

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Lv p-25

Hi Guys,
I'll be in Vegas for the super bowl. I was wanting to monitor any local P25 in Las Vegas but I find very little in the Database. Does anyone have any updates for P25 in Las Vegas?

Also, my scanner is an old (old) handheld from yesteryear. Any suggestions on a basic P25 handheld for beginners would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Rich
You'll be surprised how much that will cost... Currently at Radioshack the Pro-106 is $399.00. There are three front runners in digital handheld scanners, GRE PSR-500, Radioshack Pro-106 (Very similar scanner) and the Uniden BCD396XT. There are a few others but these three seem to be the Radioreference most talked about for digital handheld scanners in the forums section. LV is not all that big for P-25 scanning. There's the NNSA trunked system (probably quiet on Superbowl Sunday) and TSA at the airport, The Hoover Dam Police (Hard to scan unless you're in the canyon near the Dam)(and with the new bridge very little traffic to monitor anyway) and the FBI (mostly encrypted). There are a few others but again on Superbowl Sunday not many people are at work especially the US government. Hope this info helps you decide.

ResQguy

Meh
Any reason why you want to monitor P25 and not the SNACC which is analog? That should be more than enough to listen to.

Rich_Galvan

Thanks 737Mech. I might end up just taking a portable (LMR P25) programmed up. I wanted a scanner to find more P25 stations.

ResQguy:
I'm testing a P25 decoder and I'm trying to find as many P25 or Astro stations while I'm out there.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Lv p-25

Thanks 737Mech. I might end up just taking a portable (LMR P25) programmed up. I wanted a scanner to find more P25 stations.

ResQguy:
I'm testing a P25 decoder and I'm trying to find as many P25 or Astro stations while I'm out there.

Please be sure to PM me if you find new stuff. Have a great weekend in Vegas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.