Washoe and surrounding counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

eccradiotec

Hello Nevada People:

Can you tell me how many systems I need to program to listen to fire and police traffic on a radio located in Reno. We are hoping to hear Washoe county and as many counties close to Washoe as possible. Does anyone know if the VHF nets are still being used for fire or are they all on EDACS.

Thank You...

Steve

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber

eccradiotec

More net info

What about other nets on the system ? Are you saying that TG on the Nevada Shared system can be heard on any site with in the system? For instance North Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas traffic can be heard on the Reno system?

sigint1

Was: joking
The Washoe County EDACS system has most of the agencies around the RENO metro Area - this would include police, fire, and more for Reno, Sparks, Washoe County, Tribal, Reno Tahoe Airport, Washoe School District, University of Nevada Reno and the list goes on - Additionaly Nevada Highway Patrol in the Reno Metro Area are also on the Washoe System and are only infrequently heard on the NSRS system - its mostly NDOT snd NV Energy that use the NSRS system in the Reno Area - I would program in the Metro Site Frequencies of the Washoe System if you will be in the Reno area. The adjoining counties have their own systems.

eccradiotec

More net info:

Sorry to be so stupid but you didn't answer my question. I want to listen to North Lake Tahoe Fire from Reno. I have heard it on the r/r stream which is based in Reno. I just don't know which site to use to hear that net. Are you saying I only need to put in the Metro Site and I will hear...

Reno City Fire
Sparks Fire
North Lake Tahoe

Thanks....

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be so stupid but you didn't answer my question. I want to listen to North Lake Tahoe Fire from Reno. I have heard it on the r/r stream which is based in Reno. I just don't know which site to use to hear that net. Are you saying I only need to put in the Metro Site and I will hear...

Reno City Fire
Sparks Fire
North Lake Tahoe

Thanks....
Correct, if you are in Reno you put in the simulcast site and the talkgroups you want then you are set!

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
For NDF, during fire season a lot of times they will use the VHF frequencies. Other agencies will often also use them to make communicating easier, most of the time last year it was "White Fire-1". eg, RFD will switch when they expect to be on a fire for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.