Las Vegas Metro Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal6

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I am from the Salt Lake City area I am in Vegas for business and brought the PSR-500 I preloaded it with a couple different systems and the LVMP conventional frequencies. My question is when I am listening to the LVMhP VHF stuff I am hearing some units with digital audio however it does not sound like true digital and the PSR-500 does not identify it as P25.

So my question is, why am I hearing digital audio from units in the field but not from the dispatcher? I know that LVMP has an open sky system that they are not using fully yet, have they just changed the audio ti the digital sound so that Officer's get used to the digital audio before switching to Open Sky, and I apologize in advance if this has already been covered in another post. I looked the posts before posting but did not see anything. Thank you in advance.....

Signal6

Premium Subscriber
Open Sky Patch?

One thing I left out is I guess the reason could also be that some units are running on the Open Sky system and they have a VHF Patch Channel operating. So it may be safe to say when I hear Digital Audio that it's units running on the Harris Radios using a system patch? And I guess that maybe why the PSR didn't log it as P25 Audio because Open Sky is not P25?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
One thing I left out is I guess the reason could also be that some units are running on the Open Sky system and they have a VHF Patch Channel operating. So it may be safe to say when I hear Digital Audio that it's units running on the Harris Radios using a system patch? And I guess that maybe why the PSR didn't log it as P25 Audio because Open Sky is not P25?

The O/S audio is converted to analog before being transmitted on the conventionwal channels. The scanner does not see digital audio because it has slready been converted to analog (although it still sounds "digital")

Signal6

Premium Subscriber
Open Sky

Thank you, so then I am just hearing a VHF patch. That would make sense then of why the gre doesn't recognize the digital audio. Thank you for the information and confirming my question, I read through the open sky thread last night and that answered most of my questions, any idea when they will be fully switched?

Status
Not open for further replies.