nsrs will go p25 by 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xts3000r

google here
homelandsecurity.nv.gov/.../Interoperability_Plan_Overview_for_DEM_

BCFlash

Plans are one thing but the next Nevada legislature, which doesn't meet again until Jan. 2013, would have to approve the funding. If the current state and local budget issues continue its unlikely they would make major changes, but they might make a start. They are hoping for Federal grant money but that may be a problem as well. Of course Las Vegas Metro just went the other way with a system that isn't interoperable with others- at least not easily. Will be interesting to see what happens.

com501

I don't think my government needs to spend any more money on anything until the budget is fixed, and that's going to take awhile. Government grants are paid for by US the taxpayers, and we aren't having any of it.

SCPD

QRT
P25 Digital mode radio equipment is expensive, sounds different to the ear of the user, and most of the radios have features that users are unfamiliar with… so why would you consider it for public safety?

Other than the pragmatic issue that P25 compatibility is virtually mandated if you acquire radio equipment using most sources of federal funding, since for three grant funding cycles it has been a grant-making requirement that any radios acquired on Homeland Security (and many other) grants be P25 compatible… why would you bother with it?

From The Web...

petnrdx

P25 is NOT mandated.
But if you expected to obtain any federal grant money ( for the last several budget cycles ) you pretty much HAD to have P25 CAI compatibility.
I would assume that there were a few grants for analog only, but all the grants I personally know of that were approved ( usually returned "suggesting" P25 inclusion ) had P25 compatibility.
It is unfortunate.
I think we all would have been better served to stick with NB analog as our "interoperability" mode.
Probably way to late now...

X

xts3000r

Well talk to the guys runing the burining man. Radio set up. And found out that I am right. Nsrs will be going to a p25ip system starting in 2013. Reno police have the p7100 radios with p25 and so dos wahoe county. And reno fd.

com501

I'm in charge of Burning Man radio setup, and I told no one any such thing. I'm not betting on it, at all.

Who did you talk to?

X

xts3000r

I for get his get name but he had puerperal hear and was at the in and out berger in sparks.. had a truck that said black rock city on it. And has a xts5000 in uhf

com501

That's Greg, and he doesn't know anything about the NSRS system. He only works for me part time and NOT as a high level tech. The XTS's are his own.

com501

Back to what was said previously, the BUDGET will drive whatever conversion that NSRS makes. And our next budget session will not impact anything until 2014 at the earliest.

I'm not telling my representatives to spend any money, that is for sure.

com501

Only with the correct radio with the correct encryption key and the correct ID. I am running software that will automatically kill any radio that is not authorized.

kma371

QRT
I for get his get name but he had puerperal hear and was at the in and out berger in sparks.. had a truck that said black rock city on it. And has a xts5000 in uhf

What's "puerperal hear"?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

com501

Greg has purple hair this year, and yes we can stun/kill any radio on our system, as well as identify every radio and track them individually.

What else are trunking systems good for?

Oh yeah, and text messaging, GPS, status, and other peripheral stuff.

SCPD

QRT
Greg has purple hair this year, and yes we can stun/kill any radio on our system, as well as identify every radio and track them individually.

What else are trunking systems good for?

Oh yeah, and text messaging, GPS, status, and other peripheral stuff.

Are you kidding !! I'm sorry, but it's not possible for you to do that. Especially on a Trunked system. Give me a break. I'm sure you could identify, and maybe even locate, or lockout any unauthorized transceivers if they hacked into your trunked setup, but to identify, and locate, or kill a radio simply monitoring your system activity is pretty far fetched. I can understand you not wanting the Burning Man Rangers radio traffic compromised, and I can appreciate that, but lets keep it real. Anyway the following agencies would be more what I was looking for anyway:

Federal Bureau of Land Management Rangers
Pershing County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Nevada State Department of Investigations
Nevada State Health Division
Nevada Highway Patrol

To be clear I was talking about receiving, not transceiving..

Have Fun... LOL

Last edited:
X

xts3000r

Yes you can kill a mototrbo radio like he said. Now on most trs you can rx on with a radio and not get killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.