Careflight & Mercy Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdillin

Premium Subscriber
Careflight is relatively new to town - based out of Southern Hills Hospital in the SW. They have Southern Nevada divided into first in districts for each helo/company.

bikinjohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've only seen Mercy Air at hospitals, never seen Careflight.

Vegas_Eric

@bdillin - Thanks for the reply and explanation! I really appreciate it. I have been hearing them on SNACC and will post information shortly.

Eric

BCFlash

FYI Careflight has been the primary air transport provider in northern Nevada since the 1980s.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
careflight and mercy air

There are 2 Careflights: one out of northern Nevada, the other "tri-State" Carefilght, is HQed out of Bullhead City and has helos all along the river . Careflight nevada is based out of Reno. If the bird is RED and White =Tri-state careflight, BLUE and White=Careflight Reno.

Sounds like Tri-state careflight has the base in Vegas from the search I did.

Mercy Air is a subsidiary of Air Methods, the largest HEMS provider in the US

As for scanning, Tri-state uses Sat phones but carries Wulfsburg Radios no dispatch frequency.

Air mehods does not have a dispatch frequency as far as I know, however they are on a vhf am frequency in cailfornia on 131. something.....

As they are used for long haul transports in the area of 150mi or less check CCFD ch 7 and 8

BCFlash

Thanks for that interesting update, I didn't know there were two companies using that name operating in the same state.

Status
Not open for further replies.