Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFinsane

hey guys,im new here(hi) and to this hobby and just wanted to get some info on lvmpd and if they are using digital now.been listening to scanners over the internet for years and now listening with a android app.but now i want to get a real scanner and been looking at the digital ones because i heard lvmpd went digital or is going to be soon.

so my main question is...does lvmpd use digital now and is it possible for a newbie to listen in on lvmpd?

thanks guuys

Wes

Premium Subscriber
LVMPD is on OpenSky, which no scanner can currently monitor. You can still monitor NHP (and UNLV PD) on a scanner that monitors EDACS systems. Also, you can monitor NLVPD, Henderson PD, Boulder City PD, and the various fire departments on any scanner that will monitor a Motorola system.

mdickerson17

LVMPD has NOT yet made the full switch to Opensky and I doubt they will anytime soon, you may still listen with any Scanner. LVMPD is not digital nor trunked so any scanner can be used to listen in. If you want to listen to others I would suggest investing in a re-banding capable trunking scanner. Hope this helps and welcome to the hobby!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

mdickerson17

Great choice! But if its the one for sale on craigslist for $75 its already been sold! Lol I tried........

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.